My wife the Hero!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Firecat41, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Firecat41

Firecat41 New Member

State:
    Rockton, IL
    I have been in Indianapollis for the past week at the Fire Department Instructors Confrence, I have been in the FIre Service for 12 years now plus five years in the Marine Corps. and have never made a save from a buring home. While on Monday April 24th my wife along with two other Neighbors save a 12 y/o boy from his second story window. The house was fully involed with fire, thick black smoke pooring out of his window, they took my ladder, which is a retiered fire ladder and throught it up to the window and pulled the boy out of the window. 30 sec's later the room the boy was in flashed, which would have killed the boy. The boy came home from the hospital after only 3 days. She is very humble about the hole thing, but I could not be prouder of her and the other two every day heros. They dont belive me they are heros if you could give them a shout out and I will print it out to show them what other folks think around the country.
    Rob

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Thank god for people like your wife. not afraid to get involved or worry of her own saftey to save the child.

3. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Your wife is a brave woman, as are the other two ladies. Most would of stood on the sidewalk and cried. She is a hero, anyone who takes on a task that they are not prepared to do and put their own lives on the line, are heroes. I think we use that word, hero, a little too often in todays world but I think you have hit the nail on the head with this one. You have ever right to be proud of her and even more so because she feels it was something she just had to be done and then did it! Hearts in the right place, no doubt!

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Doesn't appear sheneeds any instructions. Good for her. She should be proud. Thanks for sharing.

At my age, "getting a little action" means I don't need to take a laxative.

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    She is a very brave woman. Thanks for sharing and God Bless her.

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Tell her kudos from me to her for doing this.
    I had a similar incident back in 1971 with a 84 year old gentleman and I can understand her being humble about it.
    She saw a need from some one and she acted from instinct so all is well.

7. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Never underestimate the power of motherhood. They will not only protect their own, but others with a tenacity rarely seen. Israely soldiers will even fear a woman soldier that they fight next too. Glad you wife is ok and God's blessings upon her for her actions.

8. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I would like to think that every mother would do that, but it is quite in conceivable. What she did was very brave and may God bless her for her selflessness.

9. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Brave lady... and thank goodness for the "retired fire ladder."

10. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    WTG you are a hero and a i give you HAND (claps Claps claps )for being such a brave woman. May GOD bless you with all your needs. They should give them 3 the key to the city.

11. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Please tell all 3 women that they truly are heroes. The did what was the right thing to do without thought to self safety. The fact that they did that selfless act and saved a child's life makes them the heroes. They could have stood there and cried and screamed for help but instead got involved. God Bless them. Wish that everyone could react to situations that way.
    You have every right to be proud and they should be as well!

12. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Tell her GOOD JOB for me !!!!
    Some people don't even think twice when it comes to saving someones life in an emergency.
    My father-inlaw was the Captain of the fire dept. at DFW airport for many years and is now a college teacher for fire saftey and saving lives is just something that comes natural to some of us and the ones that can save a life from a situation like that, is a HERO in my book.

13. ar_confederate

ar_confederate New Member

State:
    Minden, Lo
    She is a very brave and selfless woman. That room could have flashed 30 seconds earlier but instead of worrying about herself, she was thinking of someone else and risked her life to save him. She was God's arms and hands that day.

14. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    Hero= ordinary people doin whats needed, when needed!
    the three deserve that title,
    I only hope that if needed I can live up to their example.

15. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Your Wife And The Other Two Ladies Are Most Certainly Heroies. They Are Like Other People Who Have Done Great Things. They Just Don't Feel That They Deserive The Credit. You And Everyone Else Allknow That That Little Boy Will Never Forget Them.and Neither Should Anyone Else. They Should All Be Given A Special Award Of Some Sort.i'm Not Much On Words And Everything I Was Thinking Has Allready Been Said.so Just Tell Them Great Going And If I'd Ever Be In A Jam Like That I'd Sure Hope That There Would Be Someone Around Lke Those (3) Ladies. God Bless You All.

16. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Outstanding!!!! Great save great wife!

D

17. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Now that is a perfect example of what a HERO truly is.

Anyone who willingly risks their own life to save others, is a HERO.

My Hats off to those brave Lady's, and the fine job they did.

The fact that they don't consider themselves Heroes, speaks volumes about what these Lady's are made up of..

Praise GOD they were there in time of need, and acted quickly..

18. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    She should be proud of what she did along with the other two people.They all three are heros in anybodies book.God bless her for being who she is.Very quick thinking on her part saved a life.Thumbs up to her.

19. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Incredible story; God bless all those involved. The Lord has a special place for special people like them. You are very sweet to share their story with us.

20. Firecat41

Firecat41 New Member

State:
    Rockton, IL
    I felt I had to share this with everyone, I have had many of people call me a hero, it isnt true it is my job the help people. I spend countless hours training all around the country gone for a week or two at a time learning to train others and how to safely effect a rescue, ask my wife, I know what and when to do what is needed, THAT IS WHAT I DO, along with my 1.2 million brothers and sister putting it all on the line every day. She is very greatful for all the replies today and yelled at me for doing it, she said it almost made her cry reading all of your kind words.