my wife says i have a problem

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fishjunkie, Sep 25, 2009.

1. fishjunkie

fishjunkie New Member

State:
    montana
    she thinks that i have a problem i eat sleep fishing she thinks i need some kinda help she thinks i am in denial anyone else suffer my illness?
    :big_smile:

2. medford

medford New Member

State:
    pleasant h
    yes i do but i just tell her to shut the he## up get over it:eek:oooh:

3. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Its definitely an addiction.:wink:

4. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    She would rather I be addicted to fishing than some substance, so its all good in the hood here.

5. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    welcome to the BOC Tim. Tell her you are getting help. The boys here will be glad to offer some counseling to help you learn to live with your addiction. Of course the first step is to accept the you have a problem, It may take a long, long time, and most never do get over it. So just hang in there Bro.
    I gotta go. I have to gas my boat up for tomorrow. :big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

6. redbone

redbone New Member

State:
    smiths sta
    Sounds like my wife 20 years ago. She was right ..I had a problem. The problem was I was not taking her with me. Once she saw how much fun I was having ( her as well ) The problem went away.

The problem was her perception !

7. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Sounds like a problem a lot of us have, to me :wink: Also welcome to the B.O.C.

8. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I use to have that problem:wink: brad paisley said it best "im gonna miss her"

9. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Women just can't stand to see a man enjoying himself. They always close their eyes when they kiss ya, cause they can't stand to see a man happy.

10. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I am a fishing fool , but dont have that problem once you been with your wife as long as I have mine they are glad to let you go fishing . Heck they will even suprise you and bring home fishing gear they found a deal on .

11. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I rode up on a motorcycle and told her I'm going to drive a boat or a bike and I would let her make the call. Well, I spend a lot of time on the river now and you can't do that on a bike:smile2::smile2::smile2: Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

12. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Mine knows that I'm hooked but I was like this 20 years ago when I met her. To this day she don't fish but she never , ever, tells me to stay home.

If anything she encourages me and she loves the time I spend with the kids doing it. As a matter of fact, she bought my last two Abu set-ups ; )

Boy do I have it made !!!! I couldn't handle being with someone my whole life nagging about something so silly as fishing, LOL.

13. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Wife and I BOTH got it.......No Problem. :wink:

14. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    As long as you don't fish when you're supposed to be on the honey-do list.
    Or maybe they're imagining someone else. :smile2:

15. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Tim. One good thing about this addiction is that they have meetings every night of the week. Come see us sometime we can help you!! :wink: My wife encourages my fishin and loves to go herself.

16. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    You have a very serious problem. Good luck. :smile2:

17. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Remember: When momma ain't happy no body is going to be happy.:wink:Good luck on solving your problem. Don't let the undertaker make the last move.:wink::smile2:

18. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Yes, I too am a sufferer. My wife says I am obsessed. I just spent $80 on the stuff I need to put together a 32 gal. bluegill bait tank.

19. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    hi,my name is lenny and i'm an addict too:wink:

20. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Hi My name is Glenda and I am addicted to fishing also. I have tried quitting cold turkey and went through the most terrible withdraws / depression ever. My fishing is my prozac! LOL ROFL
    I like to call myself a pro-quitter....One day I will choose to quit I just have to know when it is the right moment for it!:wink:
    Maybe if ya get her involued in it and get her to start reading up on it on the internet she will get into the habit too