My wife just had to see Brokeback Mountain

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MilwaukeeCatHunter, Apr 7, 2006.

1. MilwaukeeCatHunter

MilwaukeeCatHunter New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    So my wife sends me to Blockbuster Video today to rent "Brokeback Mountain" for her. Ok...no problem. I go into the store, pick up the movie, and then also pick up "King Kong" because I figure I will watch that movie in another room while my wife watches "Brokeback."

I get up to the counter with a long line of people behind me, and the clerk decides to tell me (loud enough for everyone to hear): "Oh sir, I see you are renting Brokeback Mountain....you are really going to appreciate the story line of that movie."

I just smiled, payed my bill and calmly walked out the store. I figured it would be inappropriate for me to throw the movie across the store, reach across the counter, grab the clerk by the shirt and ask him to repeat himself. However, the following question is still burning inside me: Why the heck did the clerk figure that I was going to appreciate the story line of "Brokeback Mountain?" Boy did I get BURNED BIG TIME!

2. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    LOL. Are you sure it was for your wife? :p

I'm going to post a thread in the HI area: Joke: Brokeback Mountain rejected names. Funny!

How was King Kong?

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    my wife had to see it also.i made it abt 30 mins into the movie and went to bed.don't understand all the hype about it,i thought it stunk!!!

4. MilwaukeeCatHunter

State:
    Wisconsin
    I might as well say I rented it for myself....the clerk sure thought I did. LOL

5. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Did you guys see this movie?

Attached Files:

6. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    ROFLMAO RODPOD you just aint right lol hehe. I told my wife if she wants to see brokeback she will have to do it when I am not anywheres around and not to let me see the movie as I will destroy the garbage. Well she gave me this look like are you nuts and then said if she wanted to see that crap she will take a hour drive over the altimont to san fran.

7. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Dave
    Maybe it was the chaps you were wearing when you rented it? :eek:

8. MilwaukeeCatHunter

State:
    Wisconsin
    What does that have to do with anything? I had a thong on underneath!!! LOL

9. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    LOL me too, they deleted the old thread so i figured it put it back to for everyone to enjoy.

10. wpsatisfide

wpsatisfide New Member

State:
    Pawleys Island, SC
    yeah this is how I picture dave walking into blockbuster

Attached Files:

11. MilwaukeeCatHunter

State:
    Wisconsin
    Real funny......REAL FUNNY. Kick a man while he's down, why don't ya. LMAO

12. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Let's not judge It could have been worse Dave could have admitted he was a BA$$ fisherman.

Any way I think the chaps were leather!

13. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Theres a pic of me popping up everywhere. However I would like to hide this one. :p

14. MilwaukeeCatHunter

State:
    Wisconsin
    Did you call me a Bass Fisherman or an a$$ fisherman? I don't know which would be worse.....ok...I know which would be worse.

15. MilwaukeeCatHunter

State:
    Wisconsin
    I better watch myself or I am going to send this thread in the direction of Hi Intensity.

16. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Thank god for the BOC, thats what I was doing when my wife was watching it. She kept saying look look I don't see how it won awards it all but sucked.LOL Hey Dave if you want to lose weight fast just watch it, it about made me throw up.

17. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

18. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    What! It's a sick, messed up, stupid movie. But hey thats just me.

19. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    I feel for you man....your wife owes you big time now!! But I will have to tell my story though. I come back to the dorms from being home for the weekend....and my loft is painted hot pink with brokeback forever with hearts on the side. They thought it would be halrious since my nickname at school is cowboy. Needless to say some heads about rolled for that one..and what makes it worse is that it was posted on the internet for the whole world to see. I feel your pain still though...i would have killed the clerk for saying that.

20. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i wouldnt waste my money renting king kong..............................

i bought the DVD LOL

king kong is awesome brokeback mountain..............................

is going to be great for tortureing coworker with.

ive allready used a black permanent marker to inform whoever sees a couple furnaces in a couple rental houses that the hvac install work was performed by brokeback mtn heating and air .
    by friends will get a kick out of this the first time they have to service the unit;)