my wife hates for me to go fishing...does yours?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jimmykemper, Jul 8, 2009.

1. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    man, it seems like i go through hell to go fishin sometimes. i always invite her , but of course she says no. i'll even clean the house and mow the yard and even take the kids. what else can i do. im at my wits end. please give me some advice on how you guys get to go out all the time.:confused2:

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Well, I dont recommend this to "everyone" but I got a divorce. Really made things less stressful. Cost a bunch but less stress.
    No, some people dont like to fish. I know, they must be tetched, but it is true. I can only guess why they wouldnt want to see other people enjoy the sport. I always feel like it could be a lot worse. You could be running the taverns every night and pickin up ladies of the evening. I wish I had the answers, I would be a very rich person.

3. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    nope mines happy when i go,

cause i come back less stressed and a lot more happier

it has never bothered her, so i think ill keep her

later
    slider

ps i did have one like that before but i traded for
    a new model and this one is lots better

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Tell her she's fired. My girlfriend/ might as well be my wife don't mind. Then again she likes to go as well.

5. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    yep I know that feeling. Before My daughter she'd call at 10 pm saying its late when are you coming home & then pitch a fit when i say I was planning to stay till midnight. Now that I have my daughter who's two. So far this year i've gotten to take my tackle out for a walk 4 times during the day only. Its impossible to fish with a 2 yr old, who like me, is a fish out of water.

6. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    i like the idea of trading her in for a newer model , but with my luck the next will be the same. if it comes down to it . she knows that fishin will win!!!!!:smile2:

7. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just tell her the way its going to be man....Dont take that kind of flack from her.....Be firm and just lay it out for her and be ready for her to beat you about the head and shoulders with a stick for it.... I got lucky with the one I have. She is just as happy at home with a book in the quiet....:eek:oooh:

8. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Amen. When I was married my wife would like to go fishing but would get bored and complain a few hours into the trip. And you know how bad that can be when the trip is only 2 hours into a 24 hour trip or longer. So I got a divorce as well. It really is alot cheaper. I can afford the boat that I really wanted. I can afford new gear,when I want to buy it, and the best thing about it is. Fishing has become peaceful and relaxing again. When she would throw a fit when I got home, I would grab a change of clothes and go again. Then when I would tell her why I didnt take her, she would complain even more, so what did I do. I went again. Hunting season was just as bad. So I had to choose. The life I love of hunting and fishing. Or the woman I loved. The woods and water won that battle. Did I make the right chose? I think so. The worst part about it is, she took my fishing buddy, my dog Rowdy. But I guess I didnt get the shaft too bad, I got the boat, truck, house, fishing gear and everything I have bought over the years. Well Someone catch a big ol fish and post a pic.

9. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    you got one hell of a women, to bad we cant all have one like that

10. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Mine doesn't care either, but she likes to go with me aswell. I guess that means I have found a keeper!

11. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My father-in-law told me the night I asked his permission to marry his daughter " Always remember it is easyer to ask for forgiveness than for permission":wink: and I have stuck with that for three years. I cant tell you what to do but, This works for me. If all else fails play her the song from Brad Paisley (I'm Gona Miss Her) She should get the picture!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

12. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
  13. noj77

noj77 Member

State:
    Saint Peters, M
    This is the most important lesson you could learn on this website:smile2:. I told my current and final wife that I wouldn't get married till I got a boat. I think she got the hint about how important fishing is. She thinks it is good for me to get out there also. She also gets out there with me every now and then. Though she doesn't care for Asian carp much. She was excitied though when she reeled in a 44# blue. Maybe you need to let her reel in a big one and then she will understand. Now come fall I have to figure on how to get out there with a newborn:wink:.

14. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    ya that might be tricky

15. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    After being married for 37 years I can tell you it is a fine thing when your wife's two favorite foods are catfish & venison.:big_smile:

16. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    i bet you keep her fed well to. mine likes catfish , she just dont like for me to go get them everynight

17. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    21 yrs of marriage and my wife is happy to see me go fishing. If I don't go for a couple weeks at a time she is on me. .... " Why don't you go fishing" LOL. last year it was you need a new boat don't ya. :smile2: I fixed that problem quick LOL!!

Life just isn't fair, I tell ya!

18. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    wow, my hats off to you sir...

19. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hey,

""That is the reason women close thier eye's during SeX, they cant stand to see a man haveing a good time !!!!!!

My ex was the same way, seemed like the only reason she wanted to go, was to Spoil the trip !!!!!

so now , I go when ever I want to,by myself !!!!!

Life is Good !!!!!!!! :big_smile:

cliff

20. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    ya,thats the truth. preach on brother