My wife fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Supafox, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Supafox

Supafox New Member

State:
    Hannibal MO
    Well yesterday was the big day.My wife had said a few days ago that she didn't want me to work Saturday, had alot of honey do's for me. As it hppened though I ended up working but just 5 hrs. and everything she had for me to do fell into place. I came home from work and she said "it is so nice out today I thought maybe me and you could go fishing." Well after all the arm twistin I said yes. We went up to Mark Twain Lake.I started her out with 1 pole for catfish with dip bait and 1 with a bobber and worm for some gills. I figured the bluegill pole would keep her busy while she waited for the catfish. After about 10 minutes her cat pole bent smooth over I got exited and said " you got one ,get it." She just looked at the pole and I watched it bend again and then the line come all in.I said " get him he's on there." She just picked up the pole and started realing, No fish. Ather that though she didnt want to bluegill fish anymore she just sat there holding the cat pole waiting. Bout 5 minutes later she got a powerfull bite and started realing. She had him and the way the pole was bent he was a good one. The look on her face was like Oh man what do I got and then he got off. I told her no big deal we will redip you and you'll catch another one and I showed her how to set the hook when they bite hard like that. After that it was on I've created a catfishing monster. About another 5 minutes and all the sudden all I saw was a pole flying straight up and her crankin on the real pole bent over. She had him the closer to the bank he got the happier she was. Got him up on the bank and we high fived.It was about a 3 # channel. She was so happy and now she says she dont want to bluegill fish anymore now she just wants to catfish. It was was a good time.:big_smile:

2. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    haha sounds great. I did the same with my mom last week. I told her we weren't leaving til she caught a cat and man it took forever for her to catch, but once she did, she was so happy, and ready for more.

3. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing.

4. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    That is a good story and a great fishing trip. I got my wife catfishing this summer too. So far, she hasn't had a unproductive trip. She loves going to the river with me, and i love having her with me.

5. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    That great. Families that fish together stay togethere.

6. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Sounds like you guys had a great time. I hope your wife continues to love fishing. Jack.

7. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Brother that's great she started catching a few catfish. My wife loves to fish, and if they are really biting good, she pretty much keeps me busy taking them off the hook for her. She said,I ain't gonna touch no fish it moves..lol.

Any type of live bait we use I have to put it on her hook for her..You know, it moves or wiggles..ha ha ha...Now she will put on stink bait or liver,shrimp,dip baits and stuff like that.

She normally has at least 4 pole baited out, and all I have time for is 2 poles for myself. I love to go fishing with my wife as it makes her happy, and we ALL know, if momma ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy...lol

We love to camp out and set trot lines. I just love the tug on those lines, as ya never know whats down there till ya bring it up close to the surface.....Man all this talk is sure making me wanna go fishing....

Gotta wait for a weekend off though...I got the catfish withdrawls....

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Great story Jeff. Now, all you you have to hope for is she doesnt show you up and gain bragging rights. :big_smile:

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Hey Jeff,sure good to hear the wife had a good time. So now you think you've created a catfish monstor huh. Look out she'll be betting you that she'll catch the biggest cat.:lol: Look out what you bet

10. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Great story I Started my wife out on spawning bluegills bigger then my hand that got her started then we moved to crappie she even put on her own minnows. The next year we weent out during the crappie spawn and white bassshe luves the wites for sure but the 1st cat she caught around 4 lbs really got her.

11. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    WOOHOOO!!! Tell her congrats!! It feels great to have another fisherwoman aboard!!!

12. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    I got my wife hooked on crappie 10 years ago and cat fishing this year. I cant wait till she shows me up. then i'll have my son to teach. Its always more fun to me to take someone else and teach them what i know. I usually end up learning some thing new myself.

13. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

A monster you have created. In the words of yoda. I hope she doesn't start outfishing you. Congrats on the catch and tell you wife welcome the wide wide world of Mr. Ugly.

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Tell your wife congrats on the catch!!!

15. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    congrates on getting you wife out fishing with ya i cant think of anyone i would rather go fishing with than my wife she is my best friend my wife doesnt go fishing with me verry often but last year she went and she was able to land her biggest to date ill post a pic

Attached Files:

16. CQuest

CQuest New Member

State:
    St.Peters, Missouri
    Thats great that she had fun. Now you might have to go buy her a nice new set of poles! LOL

17. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Either that or she wants the boat when you divorce.

18. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    sounds like it was me when i was younger (about 4 years ago) i just reeled and didnt set the hook. ill try dip bait in some other ponds here soon!:smile2: good job on the cat!

19. crricha13

crricha13 New Member

State:
    Danville, VA
    i dont have a wife or nothing, but dang it would be nice to get a gf that liked to fish n all that southern stuff :)

20. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Chris, that's a difficult find. But it sure is worth looking for!