My wife catches her first catfish!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by copycat, May 29, 2006.

1. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Well on Sunday I took my wife out on a quest for her first catfish. I brought shad and fresh perch and we headed for the Maurice river where I keep my boat. We started fishing at the dead high tide at one of many spots I try with no luck at all except for an eel I caught, We gave the next spot a good hour or so with no luck so we moved on to another one of my lucky spots. Still another hour and half with nothing using the shad!
    The tide was moving pretty good at this point and the dreaded word "skunk" was coming to mind. I decided to try yet another spot where I had caught some small channels only once before. We got there, dropped line again when I decided to chop that eel up and give it a try, I remembered Big George (Katfshn50) saying in his posts how good cut eel can be, otherwise I probably would have just thrown it back. After about 15 minutes after switching to cut eel my wife hooked up, she brought it in and of course I must manage her releases (but I don't mind at all) I'm working on her fish and she grabs the next rod and starts bringing in another one, then another one. The cats were coming almost to fast to handle (It was awsome) I didn't keep track of the total catch as I was CPR ing them as fast as possible. I only let her keep one cat (no more than she can eat in one sitting) and release the bigger ones to live on. here are some pics of the day. Looks like my wife is a natural at this!

Attached Files:

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Here are some more pics.

Attached Files:

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Those are nice fish, thanks for sharing. Great to hear she got her first fish.

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Nice fish and an even better first time experience for your wife.
    Thanks for sharing!

5. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Matt , a few more outings like that and you will have to take the keys to the boat to work with you.
    Good cats.good eating , quality time together.

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Those are some nice cats You & Bonnie got there"! :big_smile_2:

It looks & sounds like you two had a great time on the water. :0a23:

You two take care,:byebye:
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Way to go kids! LOL! Did ya get em all on eel? When we get together Tom I'll turn ya on to a couple more things up my sleeve. Thanx for sharein. Make notes as to what ya did and the conditions for future reference. It will make a difference.

8. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Wow! Nice looking.... FISH you got there!
    Hope shes hooked good now.

9. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Nice job!! Did you make momma cut her own bait? LOL!!

10. ohiocattracker

ohiocattracker New Member

State:
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Nice catch to both of you.Now ya have fishing partner for life.

11. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    Congratulations on the fish you guys!! Tom my fishing partner has been with me for over 30 years. She gets mad at me, threatens to throw me overboard when we're fishing the same hole, using the same bait, and she isn't getting a bite. I don't think I could go fishing without my wife, and no she still doesn't take the fish off either.
    Don

12. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    LOL:lol: Kinda makes me feel like a personal fishing guide for my wife too!

13. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Congrats to your wife...hopefully those fish were enough to keep her hooked on the fishing.

14. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congratulations!!!!!!!

Having the wife as a fishing partner is good. Mine still won't touch the bait but likes to go.

15. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    awesome job ! way to get another one hooked on cats
    my wife loves catching cats almost asmuch as i do

16. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    copytcat, I am Happy for you both! It is a pleasure to hear that the Both of you are able to fish together! Now you have more reasons to spend time together and the Fishing is a Big PLUS!!!!! My mom and dad fished togehter for years and that as I can remember made lifes ups and downs easier to smooth out. Congratulations to the both of you!!!!!!!!!!

HOPPY4

17. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Very nice fish copycat.congrats to you and your wife,looks like she had a blast.Thanks for sharing.
    :big_smile:

18. JohnC

JohnC New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats! That is awesome. A pretty wife that likes to fish:big_smile: ! Does she have any sisters? Just kidding, my wife is not really into catfishing. She thinks its boring to go and sit on a bank or boat and wait. My kids do seem to enjoy it, We just leave mom behind and go without her. Congrats again.

John

19. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yep great fish! Glad to see someones having luck lately!

20. chuck luck

chuck luck Member

State:
    indiana
    Nice fish, looks like we have another cat fanatic joining us!