My white/black turkey from Missouri

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Catfish Pursuit, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Its my avatar, shot this turkey in the fall of 2004 in Warsaw, MO. It was a hen trying to hang out with a flock of black birds. Definately not a tame bird, no houses for miles and Missouri Department of Conservation confirmed it as a wild bird. Thought you all might like the pic. Chris

2. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    When I stayed in Tn, near Watauga lake, there were cross bred wild and domestic turkeys there. I was told it was open season on those birds if they had white on them.

Nice bird you got there.

3. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    We has a hen around here for a few years. She was white as snow. Amazing that it survived that long. Great pic. Hope the eating was as good.

4. tkyhnt

tkyhnt New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Really cool bird, I shot a bird back in VA 4 years ago that had way up in the mountians that had the bottom of his wings a buff tan. He was so pretty I had to do a full body mount on him. I was after a big White tom down in the Rich hill area a couple years ago. I saw him several times during deer season over a couple years, even had found some feathers during the spring but never laid eyes or the bead on him. Again Congrats on a nice looking bird.

5. ultima_cat_man

ultima_cat_man New Member

State:
    granite city, ill
    heres a pic of a turkey i shot at the st louis zoo, well i shot a pic of anyway,

Attached Files:

6. ultima_cat_man

ultima_cat_man New Member

State:
    granite city, ill
    if you look by the date on the pic you can see the back of another one, they werent behind a fence or anything just wanderin around didnt even look at me twice.

7. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    that is major weird?!?!?!