My Weekend Fishing Report!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Blade4130, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Hi Guy's, this is my first report of the year and I hope those that got out over the weekend had great luck. Friday afternoon I took my best freinds son along with me to fish crooked river. The wind was completly crazy white capping on the river, but we tried it anyway. I just think a lot of them are in the smaller feeder rivers and my bet payed off. dispite the wind and having to use heavy sinkers to keep our line fairly straight and tight off the bank we kicked butt. Nothing monsterous, but we caught a few channels, one flat and three blues before his kid had enough of the wind.

Drake wanted to go up to the city and try someplace to keep out of the wind. We winded up going to little blue down the street from my house. I got the biggest drum I have ever caught around eight pounds "that was fun even though it was a drum" and between me and him we caught seven more nice channels. All the fish so far was caught on night crawlers and shad guts. They wanted nothing with the fresh shad exept for a couple channels and those three blues from earlier. Around 1:00am we gave it up and that night was his first time learning how to fillete a catfish. We got done sometime after 2:00.

Saturday we slept in and headed out fishing not long after we woke up. Still windy and wondering what to do we headed out to blue springs lake. I wanted to try the spillway as lake jacomo had lots of water rushing into blue springs lake. couldn't do that as my knee is not good enough yet to take on that hill down to the bottom. So we pulled over by woods chapel bridge and fished the rip rap. It took a few minutes, but when the bite started it kicked into full gear. They were hitting both night crawlers and fresh cut shad the same and we winded up catching fourteen cats. All great eaters, but we got so much the night before we didn't keep any this time.

From all the rains there are night crawlers every where. I am fully stocked again on worms so I don't have to buy any today. Right now I am just waiting for the rains to end at-least good enough to go out for a morning bite.

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Glad to see you had a good weekend fishing Don.

Tom

3. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    Sure glad to see someone had good luck..took my son out with me on Friday and the Missouri river was wild..wind blowing, dikes under water..white caps.. we were able to catch 4 sturgeon..all of them were the endangered kind..and one drum about 5 pounds..but it was still nice to get out..

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Don thanks for sharing your fiishing weekend. Enjoyed.

5. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
    Today I didn't fair so well on blue springs lake. Thats ok as I still got out for a couple of hours.

6. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Glad you have a good time, too Don.
    I am finally getting over the flu I think.
    Have you seen all the water flowing out of the lakes?
    Here in blue Springs, also read the big Mo starting
    to come out of the banks in some places.
    :eek:oooh:

7. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
    Water is running like crazy into blue springs right now from those rains. I never tried it, but I am thinking about going to Jacomo side late this afternoon/early evening and fish it's spillway off colbern. So glad to hear your getting over the flu. Don't be catching anything else exept fish from now on:smile2: and certainly don't catch that swine flu:eek:oooh: