My weekend, first cats of the year

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by loki1982, Jun 23, 2008.

1. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Took my girl friend out to grapevine lake. We went out around 7:00pm. Took worms,liver,dough bait,corn, and tortillas. Figured we would either catch some carp or catfish.

Caught a ~13 inch channel right before dark. Then alittle after dark missed 2 bites. Then caught another ~13 inch channel. We cut the trip short because my girlfriend is deathly afraid of snakes and a 4-5 foot diamond back water snake was hanging around the lantern. I couldnt calm her down enough so we called it a night.

Then Sunday night we went to Lake Worth. Never fished the lake before. Took some tortilla and dough bait and fished from a dock. Caught 7 little channels. Biggest one was about 10 inches.

These were the first catfish she has ever caught so it was a pretty cool trip.

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Hey thats great its all about having a good time.and as long as i have a cat on the end of my line it dosent matter how big it is its still loads of fun.So congrats on the catch.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jared thanks for sharing your fishing trip.Glad you had a great time and caught some fish.