My way of saying, thank you Military!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by CarolinaCats, Jan 5, 2009.

1. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    I have been real busy working in the studio. This is my time of year that I got to make my money for beans & taters!

I miss the family here at BOC. And hopefully within the next month I will be "a little" caught up. And can spend some time here with everyone.

One project I have been involved with is very dear to me. Its one of those deals were you cant so NO! I was called and ask if I would be willing to donate my time to a major project. And if my studio was big enough to handle this project. Well it aint! So I talked with this other taxidermist and we managed to get the local community college involved with this and they let us use the space the taxidermy class's are taught in.

I am proud to say that I/we are mounting a HORSE! A full lifesize HORSE! Now heres the kicker to this horse! Everything was donated. Even the horse and the form. This horse will be on display at West Point Military Academy in a tribute to the fallen military personal. This is very very very special to me. Its my way of giving back to ALL of the military. The veterans, the active personal and yes the ones that didnt make it home... The whole ordeal, if you will. If it wasnt for the military, I couldnt do what I do for a living and you dang sure wouldnt be reading this. The N.Y. Police dept donated the bit in the horses mouth. I am extremely proud of the fact I was ask to be a part of this major project. And yea, it puts a chip on my shoulder knowing I will have something at West Point.

Im gonna try to add some photos so lets see what happens....

Im gonna start being around a little more often. I've missed my buddies here....

Happy New Year to everyone!
    Teddy

Here is a album at photobucket of this wonderful project (this is a very time consuming ordeal. Biggest thing I ever done! In a few weeks I will update this with the finished product).
    http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w174/RHTaxidermy/Horse/

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Outstanding Teddy ,God Bless Ya,J.D.

3. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Awesome!!! I know you are proud to be asked to do that...that is quite an honor. and quite a job to accomplish I am sure.

I can't wait to see the finished product...looks like you are coming along nicely.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thats quite an honor,Teddy. Be waiting on the final results. Looks like its coming along nicely.

5. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Looks good bro! keep up the good work.

6. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Teddy, thats just about the coolest thing that I have read on here.You should get a special patroits award! Hear that Mods?
    smokey

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Looking great! That is really going to be something to be proud of. Thanks for sharing.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Awesome Teddy. Thanks for sharing a tribute that never stops giving. Reps to you brother and we look forward to seeing you on board more.

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    What a wonderful thing. Looks like it's coming along quite well.:cool2::smile2:

10. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    That's great Teddy, what an honor. I am sure you were brought into it because of your outstanding abilities. Congrats!!! Looking forward to seeing it

11. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Great looking work so far Teddy, good job!!!

12. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Its lookin good so far, and Thank You for donating your time and talent. You get some bennies too, experience, and I'm sure you will get acknowledgement for your efforts. It is a patriotic thing to do. Hope that in the end you get experience you can use in the future.

13. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Thanks for all the "that a boys"! This truly was one of my most heart giving efforts at something I have done in the Taxidermy industry and probably will be through out my career. The horse is finished and found his home at West Point. I updated the album with a few pics. of the finished horse.

Thanks again all for the compliments. They are just as important as the work I put into this. Thanks again,
    Teddy

Updated photos - http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w...xidermy/Horse/

14. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thats really amazing. Thanks for sharing and thanks for doing it.:0a34::0a31:

15. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    thats great work reps to ya

16. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    WOW Looks like he could run off into the sunset.Great job!
    smokey

17. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Great job and the Pride shows through. I'm sure that it will become a highly cherished item for the families of our fallen heroes. Stay safe and kudos to you!!!:wink:

18. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Excellent job, thanks for sharing. :big_smile:

19. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    How wonderful anxious to see the final pictures.:big_smile: