my very own super secret brushpile

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by mactheaxe, Oct 20, 2009.

1. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    well i went and done it today. cut a few tall, bushy trees down, strapped em together, found a couple of big rocks, and sunk em NEXT to my favorite spot. i dont think anybody saw me do it so theyll be wonderin, how in the heck is he catchin em. hehe. i got a spot thats moderately productive and i put mine out about 15 ft farther out, and 5ft over from it. i dont have a depth finder, but i know where it is. it seems to be on a good drop from the shallows to the deeper water so well see in a couple of days how my super secret handy work has done.

2. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    good luck on your brushpiles. if placed right they work great.

3. festus

festus New Member

Jason, if you know someone who owns an apple or peach orchard, you're in brushpile heaven. Some types of trees take quite a while to attract fish, and other types of trees do it instantly. Peach and apple trees, along with other fruits such as nectarine, plum, and maybe mulberry contain a sap which attracts minnows instantly. See if you can talk to some folks who will be trimming their fruit trees this winter or early next spring and ask for the cuttings. You'll be glad you did. Pine trees and cedar trees are very popular, but they contain a sap plus pine needles repel fish until they break down. Good luck.

4. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    good luck bro.:big_smile:

5. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    I wouldn't expect much in just a couple of days,but in a couple of months they should be settled enough to attract some fish.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    If you used any cedar trees it will take some time before the greenery dies away and then it will work well.

7. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Here the state, has placed several "fish attractors" in some of the local lakes but i don't have any idea what they are constructed of:roll_eyes:

8. larry again

larry again Active Member

State:
    missouri
    two years ago a friend and I put two 20ft cedars in his 30 ac. lake.we used a weed torch to burn off most of the green, then drug them behind truck a little down the gravel rd :crazy:.we tide several loafs of old bread in with garden twine and sunk them in 24 ft of water, we had crappie on them in three days:big_smile:! we are planning to put two more next year ,he cut them last week should be easer.still going to put in the bread,he has great crappie fishing in his lake now.:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile: love it:big_smile::big_smile:.

9. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Let us know how it goes?

10. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    OMG...so funny, we are like kids with our secret enchanted fort that the enemy cannot see. And a secret password is required to enter the mighty fortress that nobody can see...I love it!!! I hope that your enchanted brush pile proves to be very productive with enchanted fishies...:cool2: Good luck and...tight lined

11. redbone

redbone New Member

State:
    smiths sta
    Just hope your buddies with depth finders don't find them first. especially one with the new side imaging on it. If they do.....wont be a super secret for long.

12. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That is awesome! I'm wantin to do some brush pile droppin myself, but it's illegal from what I gather here in Ohio. Will be lookin into it further though :wink: