My version; Flathead Floats

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by One Legged Josh, Mar 30, 2009.

1. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I put these together recently. The pool "noodles" were $0.88 and the chew cans were free.:wink: I got the basic idea from the other ones people have posted,and used chew cans and waterproof "craft glue".

I drilled out one end to 5/8" and used a heated needle for the hole in the other end. A normal bobber stop knot works good to hold them in place.

Attached Files:

2. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Good deal. The passenger side of my truck floorboard is full of dip
    cans even as we speak. I am going to try that. How long do you
    cut the noodle? What size weight do you use?
    Thanks, Poppa

3. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I cut them shorter for smaller baits 4.5". The longer ones for bigger baits 6.5". Then I put a hole in the top to shove in a glow stick. Hang a 1/2 or 3/4 oz egg sinker under the "bobber" and youre good to go.

4. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I like the chew can Noodle float too. They are the easiest I've found to put together. Grizzly cans fit on the noodle perfect without trimming and the lids take very little trimming to be a perfect fit. I use swisel straws from the quick stop coffee rack for the middle to thread the line through.

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Great idea!!!! It's gonna suck to have to chew all that tobacky though to get my cans, can't stomach that stuff.:eek:oooh:

6. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Although that is a very good idea, and I have experimented around myself with various items to make floats with, I think that wild wolfe products still has and makes the best ones.

Wilde Wolfe Products has some that are bigger around in diameter that work really well.

They are a sponsor of the BOC... Check them out.

7. katsandsuds

katsandsuds New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I just don't think I can switch from Copenhagen to grizzley to get the plastic lids. If they stopped making Copenhagen, I would stop chewing for good, lol. Good deal and the straw through the center is a great idea. Thanks

8. jer__man

jer__man New Member

State:
    Kingwood Texas
    Man you just gotta love this site, guys talk'in about fish'in and swapp'in ideas.

9. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    man i not worth a crap wen it comes to making things, im going to order them wild wolf ones then see if i can make some, this float stuf is totaly new to me, never even used a small slip float

10. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Just make sure when useing a slip float that u reel down tight to the fish b4 you set the hook or you will lose a lotta the fish ya should have hooked dont ask me why but i have found this true over thy yrs make sure you reel down tight to the fish b4 you set the hook its a crusual step in setting a hook with a slip bobber and hooking the fish

11. Muskrat24

Muskrat24 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dude I really like your idea. Of course I didn't have the proper supplies to make one and whipped it up in a couple minutes. I ended up drilling the hole and sliding the case off of your garden variety office pen and glueing it in place and really like the way it sat and rode on the water. Thanks for the idea.