My van

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Rajun_Cajun, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    well i have a 73 volkswagon bus, and i had something happen to it, a story i really dont like sharing, and the pop-up top totally cracked in half. its fiberglass so im not sure how much it will cost to replace it. if you know please share - thanks

2. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Can you not repair the fiberglass top instead of buying a new one. I have no idea what one would cost.

3. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    It might just be cheaper to put metal over it...

4. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    do you know how much it cost to repair fiberglass?

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    How'd you break it?

6. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    lol thats a story between me and the van :roll_eyes:

7. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I see...you must have been up to no good.

8. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    no its not like that lol

9. Individualist

Individualist New Member

State:
    Lansing, Kansas
    Fiberglass repair resin with harderner. $13.00 @ Advance Auto

10. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    c'mon cory We wont tell anyone!!!!!

11. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    ok well i had the top up, and i was getting ready to pull my van into the garage, and i forgot the put the top down, ya i think you can figure out the rest lol. it sucks and i feel like a complete idiot.

12. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    also my dad just bought a new digital camera, and were going to hilton head island, south carolina in about 6 days, so i will be back with pictures of all the surf fishing we did and the fish we caught!

13. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Cory,
    Fiberglass is cheap to fix... I am sure we have all hit a garage or two in our lives LOL... you are probably still lucky to be going on this trip though... LOL

When doing the fiberglass I would say don't do it on a super hot day, and read the directions a couple of times to make sure you understand. Also make sure it is not going to rain as it will mess with the fiberglass sealing.

Best of luck buddy, it will take some time, but you can probably fix it

14. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Dude, you didnt tell me anything about you going to South Carolina! I hope you have a good time fishing there. Make sure you get lots of pictures. If you dont I wont believe anything you say :lol:

15. Charlie365

Charlie365 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    C'mon Cory, you can confess about the van to your Bro's in the BOC.

If it'll make you feel better, I'll share about a stupid thing I did as a teenager.

I remember going out to fish Tonganoxie State Lake with a friend. We were in a rowboat and it was HOT (like last week). We weren't getting any bites and my buddy kept suggesting we should just jump in and go swimming to cool off !!:tounge_out:

I kept saying no we shouldn't because it was a fishing lake and swimming wasn't legal. My buddy said well we'll just keep our lifejackets on so we could always say we just fell out of the boat, sorta ! :roll_eyes:

Well, it kept getting hotter and hotter, so.......You guessed it, we went swimming. :cool2: After about five minutes, my buddy looks at me and asks "Where's your glasses ??" I had forgotten to take them off before jumping in, and they're still out there on the bottom of the lake !!:angry:

So, now it's your turn, how did the fiberglas break on the van ??

16. Charlie365

Charlie365 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I left my previous reply without reading page 2 where you actually told about the van !!

I guess I told my stupid story for nothing.:angry:

Anyway, we ALL do stupid stuff from time to time.
    And we learn stuff like making a checklist, double-checking, etc. the hard way.

I guess the good thing is that there's always 10 other guys who've done something even stupider than us !!!!:cool2:
    Good luck fishing back east.