My VA brothers

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Chicago, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Chicago

Chicago New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hey fellas,

I just got accepted into the U.S. Army JAG Corps. I served as a SGT in the Marine Corps already, so going back into the military as an officer should be a little more fun.

Anyway, most of my training will be in VA and NC, beginning in July. I'm not going to miss a chance to fish for some cats in my down time. I was hoping some of you Gurus would be willing to let me tag along some time. From the looks of the threads, I would stand to learn a thing or two!

I catch blues, flatties, and channels here in IL. Even took a trip with Phil King down at Pickwick a couple years ago. Got my own gear, and some to spare. Just need a buddy. There is still some time before I will be over there, hopefully some of you will be willing to take a brother out.

Thanks

2. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    Congrads brother. I'm at Fort Lee and have been known to fish the James a time or two (a week). Once you come out this way let me know and will be glad to take ya fishing. July is a slow time of the year but we still catch them.
    Mike

3. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Nick, I am a fair weather fisherman meaning, I fish for Cats only in the Winter and Spring. You are welcome on my boat anytime.

4. PHU_Man

PHU_Man New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Congrats! Same here, look us up when you get here. There is always room on the boat.

5. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    well if you can make the trip the potomac hold big numbers of fish in the 20 to 60 lb range as well

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thank you brother and thanks to the brothers stepping forward!! Semper-fi

7. Steve Knox

Steve Knox Active Member

State:
    Richmond, Virginia
    Name:
    Steve
    Nick -
    In the heat of the summer I love to wade and fish above the fall line in Richmond. Catch lots of flatheads. Let me know when you arrive and we'll go. Of course you'll have to listen to all that crap about being a jarhead... my dad, my son, and I were all Navy... I'm also relatively new here and always looking for a fishing buddy. So far I haven't been able to catch a ride on anyone's boat downstream.

8. catback

catback New Member

State:
    virginia
    You cant beat the hospitality on here! Its cool that you guys are offering for this guy to go out with you fishing! Its hard to find good people sometimes that are willing to jump in and help a wanting fisherman lol I would offer you a ride too man but im down here in halifax co. a good ways from the james but i do manage to make it up there every now and then!

9. Chicago

Chicago New Member

State:
    Virginia
    LMAO.

Steve, the navy is alright with me. Who else was gonna give us a ride around the world!!!?

Thanks to everyone who responded so quickly. People around this stinkin city wouldn't stop to help if you were dead on the road. Guess that's what makes this catfishing community so great.

I'll send out a bunch of friend requests and hit you fellas up when I get out that way. I'll pick up the tab on gas and beer.

Bless you all,

Nick

10. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Whats up Chicago, I'm from Chicago too and the catfishing here is unbelievable. Great people here onthe BOC who will take you out anytime, teach you the tactics and put you on great fish. I'm also stationed here at Fort Lee (i'm army) hit us up when you ge here brother

11. catback

catback New Member

State:
    virginia
    Hey Ramon im trin to figure out something?????? Whos holding who in that profile pic of yours , you holding that monster or is it holding you !! lol

12. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    lmao I was struggling on that pic. That fish had to be more than 66lbs. I caught a 62 before and it was no where near that heavy. My buddy who was with me was laughing at me tryna hold her up lol. He kept yelling hold her up lol. He has caught a few 70s and 80s and when we pulled her out the water even he said damn that fish is 75+ but when we put it on his Tech100 it only read 66. I wish I had bought mine with me also so we could've double checked to see if maybe his batteries were low or something. But oh well I'm still looking for that 70. My goal this year is to get a 70, 80, and 100+ by the summer. I know those are false hopes but you never know in the James.

13. Bluebruiser@Jmestwn

Bluebruiser@Jmestwn New Member

State:
    Virginia
    That is a hoss for sure.nice fish.