Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

My twist on a Santee Cooper Rattle float

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Desert Cattails 
#1 ·
Fish Fish Sardine Osmeriformes Bony-fish
I can't take credit for this idea, I saw some painted demon dragons, and thought it was an interesting idea. Soooo 10 Chinese ZaraSpook bodies with rattles cost 8 bucks shipped... I couldn't justify an airbrush purchase for such a small project.. Stumbled across a package of jigskinz in the clearance bin at a local outdoor store.. I think they turned out ok

See less See more
#3 ·
been making my own too for over a year. The first time I ordered mine I was a little worried coming from China. But they were here in a week.

I am using 100lb leader line and crimps for the hooks. That way I can set the length of the hook behind the float to wherever I want. I am also putting a ball bearing swivel on the front to get rid of any line twist.

In a couple places I fish, I have run these next to the WS foam floats with their rattles on the line and mine was catching 2 fish with mine to 1 with the WS stuff.

But to be fair, these places get hit pretty hard all year from the WS stuff as they are local. I still use all of their stuff. But sometimes you have to change things up a little bit for the fish have not seen or heard these before.

#5 ·
I ordered the bodies from EBay, The jigskinz I stumbled upon locally. I have rigged them tied between the swivel and the hook in Santee Cooper fashion. Lately I have tried them like a slip bobber placed between the hook and swivel on a Carolina rig. Running the line through the eyelets on each end and using small cut pieces of airline to hold it in place. I am using them bank fishing in a lake, the floats holds the goldfish off the bottom, making it swim more. I use 50lb mono and have yet to have one tangle... of course now I have jinxed myself.

#6 ·
View attachment 275947 I can't take credit for this idea, I saw some painted demon dragons, and thought it was an interesting idea. Soooo 10 Chinese ZaraSpook bodies with rattles cost 8 bucks shipped... I couldn't justify an airbrush purchase for such a small project.. Stumbled across a package of jigskinz in the clearance bin at a local outdoor store.. I think they turned out ok
View attachment 275947 I can't take credit for this idea, I saw some painted demon dragons, and thought it was an interesting idea. Soooo 10 Chinese ZaraSpook bodies with rattles cost 8 bucks shipped... I couldn't justify an airbrush purchase for such a small project.. Stumbled across a package of jigskinz in the clearance bin at a local outdoor store.. I think they turned out ok

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.