my trout season's over

Discussion in 'Trout Fishing' started by massa_jorge, Apr 20, 2008.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    well our trout season is over, they are deteriorating into nothing now as the water's warming up. by our records we caught over 500 trout since december, and kept around 300, as a group. sounds bad from a conservation minded point of view, but ours is strictly a put and take fishery, because the trout do not survive in the warm water that is coming. they look like little salmon after the spawn, crazy how they can still be swimming looking like that. good luck to all of yall that can still catch em!

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sounds like you had a great winter trout time. Hope I get in on some of here this spring.

3. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Jordan, the same thing for me here. THe waters are warming and the conservation has stopped stocking. It sounds like you did much better than me. Good luck for next year. Now it's time to rip some lips on them cats.

4. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    hey m_j , it a'int over for ya . drive over here i'll take ya out ........:wink:

5. Water Wolf

Water Wolf New Member

State:
    Colorado
    Sounds like a great trout season! I used to fish a trout season in PA, but since I move to CO I can fish year round for trout because of our waters being fed by mountain run off. The trout can grow for years here. If you like trout you should try fishing for wild trout (pink meat and hook jaw) they taste so much better than those hatchery trout. Plus they will be larger and have twice the fight. If you ever head to Colorado let me know I will tell you where to go for some beasts.

6. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    well jimmy i have fish from the snake river in idaho down to the san juan in new mexico, all over the mountain states. BUT i got near burned out on trout, same as i did bass. i love fly fishing the small streams and have caught my fair share of wild trout and kokanee slamon. i used to hit the delores river in s.w. coorado and mcphee regularly, like three times a week. i would just rather travel to hang some big blues or flatheads or a couple hundred sand bass or crappie. having a little pond 15 minutes from me where i can do a quick fill up for the summer grilling for next to nothing takes the edge off. when i make it back into the mountains again, it will be elk and bear hunting, although i might pack one of my light rods, you know, just in case i feel like catching a few for dinner! :wink:

7. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    sometimes nothing feels better then hitting a small stream in the middle of the woods to catch some trout. fishing in PA im lucky i can fish for trout year round and caught trout every month of the year but my fav is the fall fishing where u see no one on the water and the fish are hungry before the cold winter sets in.

8. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    sound like u had a good time catchin them

9. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Well, mine is just beginning! I just moved back to N. California, so the upper sacramento river is wide open, as well as Shasta Lake. Now I just gotta get geared up!! I'm hoping to save a little money and get set up for fly fishing, but I'm good to go with spinning gear. Downside is, no boat! Got rid of mine when I moved away from here a few years back cause I had no place down south to store it and wouldn't have gotten much use out of it down there.

Wish me luck!