My trip to Kansas and back :) ...

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by breadboy, Jul 21, 2006.

1. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I fished milford lake for a little bit in kansas:

Day 1, 6 am till 10 am:
    -5 goldeyes (1-2 pounds, average)
    -3 catfish (two 2-3 pounders, one 8 pounder)
    -2 white bass (average size)
    -1 wiper (small)

I actually caught two catfish on a spoon, and a 8 pound blue on cut goldeye.

Day 2, 5 am till 10 am:
    -goldeyes (didn't count how many, but we located where they were schooling and caught them right after the other with spoons)
    -white bass (same as goldeyes, probably caught 8 or so)
    -wipers (one really nice 8 pounder, 4 smaller ones a few pounds each, caught on a crawler harness with a spinner baited with nightcrawlers)
    - 3 catfish (2 on a spoon, one 4 pounder on the crawler rig)

evening... 6 pm till around 8'ish
    one wiper (3 pounder, caught on a crawler rig)
    one small drum

Day 3 morning, 7:30 am till 11:am
    -two catfish (crawler rig)
    -one wiper (small)

best luck was early in the morning. On day 2, we caught 5 species (goldeye, white bass, wiper, catfish, walleye). My dad caught one walleye on a spoon and I wanted that walleye on my hook lol. I will give you guys my favorite rig from now on, a walleye nightcrawler harness w/ a spinner, baited with a crawler. caught every species, including that 8 pound wiper that really made the drag sing :smile2: .

we used shiners and black salties on day 2 and 3, and the nightcrawler out performed both.

on my way back to NC, I went trout fishing and caught three rainbow trout at a small trout pond that a stream flowed into in the mountains. One trout was 4 pounds, the others around 2 pounds maybe, I only weighed the big one. They are really pretty fish, I want to fish for them more someday. I got a few pictures taken, but it is on a throw away camera, so I will have to get the film developed and see if I can get a good re-picture or 2. I'm not the best at digital cameras, I will try to get it on here.

2. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Looks like a great trip to me!

3. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    yep sure was, it had an awesome ending too, I never caught a trout before, just seen them on tv. We have them on ice and will eat them tommorow (yum).

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Definatly sounds like you had a great time, thanks for sharing with us. Now, where are the pics??

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Breadboy sounds like you had an awesome time glad you got into a mess of fish.

6. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    Always glad to hear someone else enjoying some of the wonderfull lakes Kansas has to offer! Congrats on a productive fishin trip

7. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Sounds like a great trip glad to hear you got into the fish while you where there, and who says there is nothing to do in kansas.

8. Catfish Quiver

Catfish Quiver Member

State:
    Ks, w, edg
    Glad you got some fish and it was good to meet you and your dad at the ramp.