My top 10 Fave things to do in winter....

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by BKS72, Dec 16, 2007.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    1. Invent a project that takes up the entire garage so my wife can't park in it. I find it a great way to stimulate communication in our relationship....especially on cold, snowy mornings.

2. Teach the boys how to write their names in the snow. In the front yard. While my wife has friends over.

3. Complain loudly in the office during snowstorms about having to travel to California for work 2 weeks a month this winter.

4. Work from home on crappy, icy days when the roads are bad. And smile at my wife and kids as they head off to work and school as I type emails in my sweats on the couch.

5. Watch wildlife in their natural habitat, adimiring how the beautiful colors of their winter pelts against the drab, desolate backdrop of a midwest winter brings some cheer to the day. Then shoot and eat them.

6. Shop for Christmas presents for my boys, secretly joyous about all the hours of fun I'll have playing with really cool things that should have been invented 25 years ago for me to play with when I was young enough to not have to feel guilty about it.

7. Read all the posts from my BOC brothers about catching monster fish in the winter, vicariously satisfying my fishing jones without having to actually be macho enough to go out and freeze my extremities off.

8. Singing the "Jingle Bells, Batman Smells" song until everyone around finds me more irritating than usual.

9. Conning the kids into thinking shovelling snow and bringing in fire wood is as much fun as sledding or whatever else it is they really want to do.

10. Sitting in front of a warm fire with my family, goofing off on the internet when I should be doing something constructive.

OK, I know most of these make me sound like a bad person, and maybe they do, but a guy has to have SOMETHING to keep him amused when it's cold. Happy winter!

Branden

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Sounds like a good plan to me .Hope it works for you.

3. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    mine are fish-sleep. fish-sleep.fish-sleep. fish-sleep.fish-sleep. Well, thats all 10 of them

4. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Yeah but you sleep in your boat Bob, so you don't have to go home till you run outta food..
    Thats a good plan Brandon, unfortunately I don't have a garage, only a shed and there 6 inches of snow out there and no heat in the shed... Does evrybody feel sorry for me yet or do I need to think up some more stuff... hehehe

5. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    You have my sympathies, Harold. If Bob is hard-core enough to sleep on his boat in this kind of weather AND catch fish, I better give up now cause I just don't have what it takes to play at his level......

6. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Ya gotta eat in there somewhere don't ya Bob?

7. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Oh yeah, i just take a bunch of junk food and everything is cool

8. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Now I didn't say Bob was catching fish, I just said he sleeps in his boat... hehehe.. And yes he's hard core, he fishes on days that I don't even go outside.. I'm a fairweather fisherman.. I don't mix well with cold weather..unless it involves a fireplace... hehehe

9. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

I take a heater in the boat this time of year Harold. InfraRed Propane Radiant heat on a 20 lb cylinder! Sure feels good once you get a little cold and finally turn it on. Hard to get away from it after you turn it on though, kinda spoils you. It ain't like setting by the fireplace but you can warm up pretty good! Man this fishing gets expensive!:confused2:

10. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I made a heater out of a 5 gallon metal bucket. Made legs out of metal conduit. Then drilled holes in the sides and the lid. Then i put about 3 inches of sand in the bottom. Now all you need is charcoal. It worked good. But it rusted away and I never made a new one. Sure feels good when you get your hands wet. Metal buckets are gettin hard to find.

11. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

Let me see, whats the latest catch phrase? Oh yeah!

Bob, that is 'old school' for sure. I think that makes it cool nowadays! I can't keep up with the terminology todays kids are spitting out. I'll crack a joke at them once in a while trying to be cool and they inevitably say that 'went out' 5 years ago, nobody says that anymore! Guess I am finally 'getting old'. LMAO!:smile2:

12. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I know what you mean about that. I thought when my sons were both 21 I would be able to keep up a little better. But alas I am no closer now than ever. I just keep on being me and dealing with the You're so old dad, remarks. But on the heater it was cheap and something to do on a snowy day like today. There was one problem with it though. You smell like smoke after a day of fishing and you have to take a shower even if its during the week.

13. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Wether you need it or not, huh Bob.:smile2:

14. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I'll stick with the propane i think. LOL

Even have a coffee pot a brewin at times out there. If I could just get that cabin part worked out I'd really be living high on the hog! Guess I could roast some sausages in front of the heater too, never thought of that! Starting to sound good, if I could just find some of these wintering Blue Cats! (And a heated car wash to get the snow off).

15. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I did cut a piece of wire mesh to lay over the top and I can grill some hot dogs or whatever. Use some L brackets screwed to the inside of the bucket. I hope to go one of these first days if I can find out about ramp conditions. I got everything fueled up and ready to go. Just need a clean ramp and some bait.

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Me Willie and Gary had as a FINE set up at Cuzfest 2. I brewed up the finest pot of Joe one could dream of. The aromas were music to our lips. MMMMM. But I forgot the dam cups. :smile2: I think ol Willie got a kick out of me jonesin hard for some Joe and rummaging around the boat like a lunatic. I eventually chopped the top off of a soda can. I had to wear gloves to hold the aluminum, and my lips looked like freddie Krueger hacked me to death, but I had my darn coffee.

17. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

I would do that for coffee. Guess I'm ignorant too! (Not the Cuz is ignorant.......wel, nevermind)

I drink it all day long summer included, old Navy habit!

18. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I have the same habit Darryl. More so in winter, but I dont slow down much in Summer either. Yesterday for example, I had two extra large cups of Dunkn Donuts in New York, I had two more Extra Larges in Boston, and added one more for good measure on the flight down to Ft. Myers. :big_smile: I have to go to Newark today and back down to Orlando. I'm be finding some coffee. Rest assured.

19. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Good Deal, nothing worse than a drowsy Pilot! Drink up and save the masses.

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Would you want a pilot that flys a joystick airplane to have a severe case of the shakes from no caffeine? :smile2::smile2: