Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need help with info on clinton lake, kansas river & missouri river this are what he wants to fish. looking for flatheads and blues. he don't know the area at all so needs help if someone can show him some good spots too get into fish. he'll be there in july 8 - 10 he needs info on want he needs for very large cats.
if any area is better in that time of month let me know. i told him about this site and it has some well kowngleable fisherman on it. please help my son out

·
Registered
278 Posts
The KS river is a really hard place to fish if you don't have a boat, access is pretty slim, but there are a few places here and there you can get to the water and the Kaw is probably his best bet for tying to fight a big Flattie. The Clinton lake spillway is actually an AWESOME place for flathead fishing if they're letting water out, I was down there a couple years ago and saw a guy catch 7 flatties in probably 2 hours(NO BS!, I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't been there to see it) and I bet the smallest one was probably 15 lb.s., I've had better luck using big heavy jigs at the Clinton spillway, cast up stream and let the river carry it down stream, although traditional rigs with live or cut bait will work too. Can't really speak on the Might Mo, haven't fished it, but know there is some MONSTERS in there, but I think it's like the Kaw, you need to a boat to fish it. Pomona Lake is another lake that's not far from here that is loaded with trophy sized flatheads. My phone # is 913-689-9518, if he needs someone to fish with, I'm always in need of a good fishing buddy,lol. Good luck to him in catching a monster, and his chances here are better than anywhere else in the world, Kansas is the Flathead capital of the world, and I'm PROUD of it!:Happy: Also, make sure he's got gear than can handle the fish he's after, I highly recommend a good baitcaster, or a premium quality HUGE spinning real like a shimano baitrunner, and I'd recommend at least 65 if not 80# braid, I like powerpro best personally, LOTS of 4-8 oz. river weights, and I like to use at least 7/0 kahle hooks if not bigger, good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.