My sons first time fishing.

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by dirt138, Sep 18, 2007.

1. dirt138

dirt138 New Member

State:
    Springdale, Pennsylvania
    Okay so I took my son AJ fishing for the first time over the weekend. It has taken me a long time to talk my wife into letting me take our 17 month old baby who has no fear and no understanding of the word no to the edge of a body of water but finnaly I did it. I was not expecting him to have too much interest in the fishing so I brought my wife so she could follow him while he ran after the geese. Much to my surprise he loved it!! He kept taking my gill out of the bucket though and tried to throw my pole in the water once but he definitly enjoyed himself!! I just couldn't wait any more I had to take him before it got cold. Pic attached.

Attached Files:

2. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Great picture,what a little cutie, you can't go wrong teaching a little one to fis.
    Sharon

3. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Thanks for sharing Roger. I'm sure that was the first of many more memoriable trips to come.:006: :0010:

4. jm_magic

jm_magic New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks for sharing man. Many memories to come........Oh and by the way, I sometimes suck on my thumb while I'm waiting for a bite too.....:smile2:

5. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    Thanks for sharing. One thing you might try doing is getting him used to the idea of using the reel. That way, when you do get something on the line, he won't be afraid of turning the handle (with your help, of course).

-- Rich

6. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Good job Roger, looks like you have a fishing buddie.

7. catfishking35

catfishking35 New Member

State:
    ohio
    haha he was using an ugly sitck

8. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    :smile2:Awesome job Roger!!! The future of cat fishing wright there!!! Looks like your teaching him to use the good equipment early!! Great Post, thanks for sharing!!:smile2:

9. dirt138

dirt138 New Member

State:
    Springdale, Pennsylvania
    Yeah I hooked him up with my bluegill ugly stick. Only the best for my boy!! I didn't have a father to fish with me so these are the times I have waited for all my life. Thank you all for the kind responses.

10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

That's how you turn em into to hardcore fisherbabies..................START EM OFF EARLY!

Good luck in your training, AJ!

11. Shizzam

Shizzam New Member

State:
    Lancaster,Pa.
    Cute kid Rodger.

12. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Way to teach the boy early Rodger! :cool2: I had my daughters out when they were like 1 and they still fish with their dad! That pic looks like Deer Lakes Park?

13. dirt138

dirt138 New Member

State:
    Springdale, Pennsylvania

Deer lakes it is!! Lower lake helping dad get bait.