My son's first fish! Woo Hoo!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by kcgeoff, May 1, 2009.

1. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I took my son's Derek and Bryan out today to catch some bait for the stock tank. Derek caught his first fish a 3 or 4" bluegil. Then he caught his first catfish aswell actually his first 2 catfish. 2 bait size bullheads. My wife says I've created a monster with him. All he talks about is fishing. Kind of ironic considering who his dad is. :smile2:

We fished for a couple hours and brought home 25 bullheads for the stock tank. Also threw back 5 or 6 little ones too. Now I'm ready for the river! Bring on the flatheads, I don't care about the stupid cold front. :wink::eek:oooh:

2. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Geoff, that's great. Give the little man my congratulations, you too, for being such a "great guide":wink::smile2:

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Tell Derek congrats! I bet he is hooked.
    Thats a nice haul of bullheads.

4. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Jim,
    Thanks! Now I just need to guide my oldest son to a bigger flathead. His biggest is 6lbs. He needs a 40lber, you know something that will try to pull his butt in the river. :smile2:

5. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hes been fishing 2 or 3 times this year but hasn't caught anything. He was hooked before he caught any fish! Now he is really hooked. Driving my wife nuts. My 2 year old daughter is running around saying fishing, fishing, fishing. LOL :smile2:

I'm a proud dad right now! :cool2:

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Sounds like we got a new fishermen :wink:

7. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    That's great, tell him congrats! Good luck catching some flatties too.

8. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Congrats to your son.Sounds like your going to need a bigger magazine rack in the bathroom..:smile2::smile2::wink:

9. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Tom,
    He has been reading my mags for awhile while on the can. He says gotta be like dad! The other day he noticed I got the new Catfish Insider and he was like why didn't you tell me? LOL :smile2:

10. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    It's great when the little ones get into it.

11. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Way to create a monster,dont you love it.

12. team salmon

team salmon New Member

State:
    kansas
    Geoff - that's great news - there's nothing like seeing your kids enjoying the outdoors - good luck with the flatheads:big_smile:

13. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on your sons first fish...great job on all the bullheads too! wish i could find some!

14. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    tell you son congrats, its only a matter of time before hes out fishing you.

15. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Right on Geoff, thats great. :big_smile:

16. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Congratulations. Thats how I got started. One bluegill and it was all over. 30 some odd years later still going strong.

17. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Congrats to your son....always great to see your kids get excited about fishing. Now as far as those bullheads go you need to bring them down to me..but make it a even 100 or so.:cool2:

18. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thats an understatement, it gets difficult getting him to set still for even a minute. I have determined that anytime I take him fishing it won't be a relaxing time. LOL But I have fun watching his face light up.

19. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    My daughter likes catching leopardfrogs, crawdads and netting lil fish. Hell she is haveing fun catching dad bait and doesnt even know it, lol:smile2:

20. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Yea,
    Derek spotted a leopardfrog yesterday at the lake. Kept him for bait. Then he didn't understand why I didn't want a bullfrog he seen later for bait. LOL