My son

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ka_c4_boom, Mar 15, 2007.

1. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    took my son he's 11 years old out fishing this past saturday we didnt get anything but bait but atleast we had fun and he got to drive the boat a bit heres some pics

Attached Files:

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Bout time you took that boy fish'n, LOL!!! Great job Pop!!!

3. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    WAY TO GO BOOM. HOPE HE OUT FISHES YA.LMAO

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Thanks Chuck, I loved seein' the pics of Codylee smilin' that way. Hopefully his daddy was smilin' too.....:smile2:

5. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Hey Charles thats great, I hold long and proud to the memories of me and my son on the river. He's too busy now, but I can strat on the grand kids. There always ready to go.
    Keep makin those memories you both will enjoy looking back some day.

6. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    Looks like hes headed for the catfisherman hall of fame already. Although my father didnt get to take me very often, they were still some of the best times of my childhood. Cant imagine anything better than quality time with my son. You can sure learn alot out on the water.........

Dru

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thats what I'm talkin bout!! he looks like he's havin a time ,thanks Chuck.

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sweet lookin kid havin fun with Dad,yea you've got the makin's of a good catfisherman there Pop,have lots of fun he'll be a man sooner than you're ready for it!:big_smile:

9. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Can't imagine a happier kid than Codylee as pilot of that boat, Chuck!
    We have an 11-year old son, too, and I know that'd make his day :smile2:
    In fact, I doubt whether he missed the catchin much, long as he got to drive :lol:
    Super photos... thanks for sharing them with us.

10. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Good job Charles, fishing is an excellent thing for young people to start doing, I know it has actually helped me in overall life, I have just learned so much from fishing so many hours with my Dad. Fishing has kept me out of trouble also...for the most part. LOL!:lol: :tounge_out:

11. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yeah he's growing up faster than i want him to , seems like yesterday i held him in my arms for the first time , he weighed 11# 13oz and was 21 inches long when he was born 3 weeks early , his mother my ex is and always has been diabetic so it was a high risk pregnancy iv got video of 18 ultra sounds , the first one he was a little black dot on the screen .5 centimeters now he is big enough to block out the sun and growing like a weed he told me he weighs in at 165# other than being shorter than me he is almost as big as i am and i love every pound . im supposed to get visitation every two weeks but this past weekend was the first since mid january and before that was october his mother tries every way under the sun to keep him away from me we are scheduled for court on the 29th of this month she is trying to get visits stopped but she slipped up and got him in counselin which is a good thing he has a lot of anger built up inside i think some is directed at us both for getting a divorce but soon hopefully we can work out the un needed stress the boy has , my next visit is friday the 23rd and we have an appointment at 10pm with the counselor then we will head back here for the weekend and hopefully catch some cats , my plans for that weekend are to go up to markland dam and lock through iv done that with a few adult freinds and they really injoyed it i think he will too . i have to remember he's not a kid any more but instead a young adult and wants to be treated as such he told me last weekend he wants to be my freind that is my goal to become my sons freind hopefully best freinds

12. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Glad to hear you got some time from working to go out. Gotcha a fishin partner there.

13. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    He's a fine looking lad. Warms my heart to know your teaching the boy to
    fish. I remember when my sons were his age. Enjoy the time with him, in a heartbeat he'll be grown.

14. Tala

Tala Guest

So true...children grow up way too quick. Enjoy every minute of it.

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Charles he was sporting a big smile. It looks like he enjoys the speed from the wake :big_smile: :big_smile: he was leaving. I would say he will be a big chip off and old block. Nothing like a day on the water with one of the family. Thanks for sharing that moment.