My son on leave from Iraq

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by George walker, Jul 30, 2006.

1. George walker

George walker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My son Travis got on a plane at the Bloomington airport today at 6:am to return to Iraq. We had a good time the last ten days he was here, we cooked up some fish, pheasent,and beer butt chicken. He caught a few nice channels, [which his brother has been trying to do all year] and we split a beer or two.It was hard wachting him get on that plane but he didn't hesitate, he said see ya all in october.

2. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    It's got to be hard, but you got to be proud of him too.

3. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    I can't imagine the pain of seeing ones son leave for war. God Bless him and your family and thank him for me for his service!

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I know it had to be hard seeing that plane leave,but you also have to be one proud family for having a son doing what he is doing and him knowing the danger's involved. And I know that everone of the BOC brothers and sisters are just as proud or at least should be. I know we are. Will add him to the prayer list.Keep us informed as to how he's doing . GOD BLESS!!

5. swampthang_matt

swampthang_matt New Member

State:
    georgia
    i know its hard but u got to be proud thanks for keeping us free

6. pursuing_cats

pursuing_cats New Member

State:
    Clarksville,Tennessee
    Being a recently retired soldier, I do understand his lack of hesitation in returning. He is doing what he believes in and is one of Americas Heros. I have the utmost respect and support for your son. Be there for him and always tell him how proud you are of him. He has all my respect and gratitude. Prayers are sent for his safe and timely return. God Bless you and your family.

7. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    George, Travis will cherish those 10 days for a very long time, I'm glad they were well spent. Be sure to tell Travis thanks for what he is doing, I know its extreamley hot over there right now (was there this same time last year). Rest assured your son is in good hands with the US Armed Forces. Take care

8. It never was easy for me to leave my parents after being home for a few days just to go back to the marines. Its really too bad he only had 10 days to visit too. As long as he had a good time, did some fishing, and drank a few beers I am sure that will help him get through his deployment without a problem. I can never fully express my gratitude for anyone that decides to take that honorable path and join the service.

9. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I remember the leave before I went to a war 35 years ago. I know you're proud of him, and have every right to be. I am wishing the best for him, and a safe return, may God be with him, and comfort his family during his absence. Jack.

10. minnies_moocher

minnies_moocher New Member

State:
    Coldspring, Texas
    George, Thank Travis for what he is doing for all of us. I will pray that he is returned safely. I am glad you enjoyed your time together. Best wishes.

11. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I know you must be a proud Father.. Your Son Travis, is a Hero to us all..I know he didn't want to get on that plane and go back to Iraq, but he knows he must.

I'm quite sure that the few days he got to spend at home with Family, doing what he wanted to do, will never be forgotten.It's men like him that keep us Free,and I for one tip my hat to him...Thanks Brother for what you do, and all you go through...

12. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    So sad.I went.I never had to watch my child go.I can only imagine what it must be like.My heart and prayers are with all of you.peewee-williams

13. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I have been doing this for 15 years now and it never gets easy when I have to come back from taking leave. I am glad that you got a chance to spend some quality time together. Stay strong in prayer, he'll be home before you know it! Just keep sending him care packages from home, whenever I am over there, I look forward to mail from home more than anything!

14. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers are sent for your sons safe travel back again soon.