My son on leave from Iraq

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by George walker, Jul 22, 2006.

1. George walker

George walker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My son is on leave for two weeks from Iraq, we went fishing last night at morine veiw state park ( Dawson Lake), he had a couple of pole benders on but they rap him up in some stumps and they got off. We caught a few small channels but we threw them back, we were using cut bait. There was only one boat on the lake and it looked as though we were the only ones out fishing from the bank. It was a peacefull night and we had a good talk after not seeing each other for seven months, hopefully he will be back in October for good.
    God Bless all our men and women in the Middle East

2. Greg32

Greg32 New Member

State:
    Northeast Kansas
    It's times like that you'll never forget. I'm glad you got to spend time with him. My best to your son and all of those serving our country.

Greg

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Man you just can't beat that I know you two enjoyed each others company like cat's love milk. Family and fishing always equal good memeories.

4. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    George,

Glad you got to get together with your son. Please convey to him my sincere thanks for protecting our country and for helping to build a new country, and wishes for a very safe return.

Dennis

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I'll be praying for his safe return brother.

6. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    Glad you two got to spend some time together...and I'm sure he is too. Tell him thanks for all hes doing

7. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Amen to that, George.. nice to hear you guys had a great time..

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Glad to got to spend some time on the water with him before he left. Prayers are sent for your son's safe return.

9. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Glad you both have the memory of being together doing what you both must like to do.

10. muskyman

muskyman Active Member

State:
    Loudon TN
    Name:
    David
    Please thank him for me as well ; our guys / gals serving deserve the utmost thanks. What we have today, is a result of our armed forces.

11. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    We thank him for his service also, he can be proud that he is doing his part, and trying to make a difference. We will pray for his safe return. Jack.

12. Angelcat

Angelcat New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Our prayers shell go with him and all the others over there, and we can not thank your son and all the others enough for what they are doing for all of us. Hope you all catch a big cat before he leaves :big_smile: . May God speed go with him.

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Great that you two got to spent some choice time together before he had to leave.

Thank God for our brave young men like your son that stand up for our freedom and safety. May God watch over him.

14. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    What a wonderful blessing to have your son home! Tell him thanks for me for serving our country! May God Bless you both ,and I shall pray for his safe return home for good!---------pk:smile2:

15. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Sounds like you had a great night with your son. Gotta love father/son times. Im glad you got that chance.

16. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    From sombody who has been in Iraq on 2 deployments I know how yall feel, its a great feeling to come home and spend time with your family. when it comes time to head back, Just hang in there, tell him to be safe and that he has plenty of folks looking out for him and thinking about him

17. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    My thanks to you for the job you are doing to protect our land and all us living here. Glad you got to go fishing with dad, hope you a safe few months that are left over in Iraq and God Bless you and all others serving. Prayers are sent with you all.

18. Graywolf

Graywolf New Member

State:
    Peru, IL.
    I know how it feel to take your kids fishing. Nothing better. Thank him for us for giving us the freedom we have. He is in our prayers.

19. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    hi there,

Please tell your son, thank you for his service. I pray for his safe return.

20. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Is he going back? Well, any way good luck to him and your entire family.