Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today , I took my two boys (3 and 2 ) fishing with me today. So I stop by walmart and picked up two poles..One a spider man the other cars. So we go to the local lake (pflugerville) , a lake about 2 or 3 yrs old.So my son want a shrimp on his line.so i put one on their a threw it out about 15yrds. I'm tryin to getting my younger son setteled down.Then all or a sudden I hear a dude close by yellin at me , telling me my son has one.so I turn around a he has a nice one.. so I tried to take his pole from him and he say daddy no its my fish , not yours.so i hold the pole , but the fish keep takin line , the more I tighten up the drag , the more the reel cries. so my son finally gave me the pole.i know this is a spiderman reel with about 5lb test..i fight this fish about 15 minutes. I got him within 10 feet from the bank , then all of a sudden he comes to the top and make a huge splash and break the line .my son walk over to me and kick me right on the leg. and said "you let my fish go " :sad2:.. its 1130pm now and hes still mad at me.i know hell get over it , but man i wish i could have landed that fish..

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
LOL, sounds like the younging's gonna be hooked on cats now ; ) I'm glad to here yas get out together. My son has the same pole and he made me put on some old Spider wire I had. He said a Spiderman pole needs spider wire...I just couldnt argue that one, LOL. Thanks for sharing your story and we hope he lands the next one....g'luck

-Jim-

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Thanks for the story. Sorry for the little guy that daddy lost his big fish.:eek:oooh::smile2:
If your kids are anything like mine. Don't take the "snoopy" poles unless you want to end up using them.:smile2: My kids end up with the good gear on every outing. Either my wife or myself (sometimes both) end up giving the kids our poles so they can land the fish. I have sat there many a time with the kids pole while they use mine.:smile2::eek:oooh::big_smile: Had to learn to take extra poles. The kids still want there toy poles on the boat but they end up wanting to fish with a "daddy or mommy pole".:smile2: Priceless.:big_smile:

Thanks
David

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome to the BOC, sorry your boy lost "the big one" Pretty cool to be 3 years old and have 'the one that got away' story. I have never cared for the line that comes with new reels, they just seem weak. Better luck next time, I'm sure there'll be more fish to be caught.

Rubes

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
I feel your pain but I am laughing to-I am getting ready to start my little girls on giong out-there a little older and me-my brother and unc are all in a heated debate cause I refuse to go Barbie or Dora,babies gonna be out with dad we are getting decent equiptment fer them-not to expensive or fancy but all the while not Barbie or Dora.You just sewed it up to I dont want to get kicked to:wink:I am printing this off and showing them dad knows best

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
time for a zebco hawg seeker or an abu garcia, hell even the 5 or 6000's from wal mart will do. He's definately hooked for sure

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well I have upgrade to the Boss Hawg 33 classic for him..I'm takin him to the river this weekend.just caught about 3 dozen small crawfish and dug about 3 to 4 dozen of good texas earth worms..so I'll see whats been going down here in central texas this weekend.like i told momma you might not see us till sunday night..i'll get back with yall if we have any luck......

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Wished you could have landed that fish for him, but he'll get him next time. I bet he is still excited to. Rep's to ya for getting the kids involved in the outdoors:cool2:.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.