My sinker collection

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Mar 28, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    As many of you know, I am a complete fool when it comes to heavy sinkers that I use for catfishing.

I feel I never have enough, If I have 100 on hand I feel I need 200, better yet 500:smile2:

Main reason is, I dont mold my own, and the heavy weights I use, mainly 5 ounces up to 8 ounces you just cant walk into walmart and buy..AND BUYING ONLINE CAN BE EXPENSIVE!

So here is what I have on hand, I have one tub full of egg sinkers from 1 to 3 ounces.

All the rest is no roll, and bank sinkers from 4 to 8 ounces.

I hope my buddy Roger see this, you know, he is the one with the new melting pot, no roll mold and a huge amont of lead.

I hope he sees this and feels sorry for me, and makes me plenty more!!!:smile2:

So I need you guys to help me out, please tell Roger this is a very small amount.

And I need at least 100 more to make my collection complete!

I just weighed them on a bathroom scale, I only have appx 80-lbs of poured sinkers on hand, not nearly enough to last me for the next 10 years!

Attached Files:

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You don't wanna see my collection Jack it would scare ya! :smile2: I got more sinkers made right now than I can estimate! Like you said earlier, you can never have enough, and you better get all the lead you can now to mold!:wink: rollo

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio

I hope Roger reads your post Jason, and realizes I need many more:smile2:

I like you feel you better get them now.

4. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    It snowed today and you guys start talking about sinker! Guess I'll have to go pour more. I've got about 150 lbs. The way you guys talk I guess I need about another 150 lbs. I was lucky and had some people give me about 800 lbs of lead. They were moving and I loaned them my flat bed trailer. When I went to get the trailer, I saw the pile of lead and asked what they were going to do wtih it. They gave it to me and helped me load it on the trailer.

5. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Man you guys are hardcore..lol..I just made about 60 5's to 8's and i thought that was alot..

6. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    Catfishermen can never have to many sinkers,hooks,rods, reels,bait line and you get the idea:smile2::smile2:

7. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Now c'mon Roger. Help your ol' buddy Jack out. And Jack you be careful wingin' that lead around, you'll throw your back out again. And then I'll have to give ya my Bobber collection...

8. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Finally someone agrees with me on NEVER having enough lead! I have 40 lbs. of no rolls made and 30 lbs. of egg sinkers made up. But the reason I catch h#ll is the 500 lb of lead I have been holding on to for years, and pick up all I can get when it is available. So now I can show this thread to my son and maybe he will understand the value of lead to the catfisherman.

9. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'm in need here too. I just thought it was a woman thing...lol..

10. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    They laugh at me for picking up wheel weights at the tire shop. If its on the ground it mine.:smile2: I was at the rifle range and picked up lead buttets. Lead is lead! You can never have enough.:smile2:

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jack and Rollo I have a new name for you guys. "Lead Hogs":smile2:

12. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i got ahold of some bullet lead back in the winter i love that stuff its some good clean lead to work with

13. Tangler

Tangler New Member

State:
    Sugarcreek, Ohi
    Seems like overkill to me. You can only use one at a time! But then again my avatar doesnt show me holding a cow-of-a-fish like yours do :confused2:

Tang

14. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    what?????????? sure you use only use one at a time, but you may lose 10 sinkers in one outing..I can remember a few years back I fished a really snagy area all year, I bet I lost over 75 sinkers that year do to snags.

Fishing tackle is the one and only thing I spend money on, and if I can afford it I want the best tackle and the most tackle I can buy.

I like to keep stocked up you never know what the future will bring I like to be prepared if something happens and i cant afford tackle for awhuke.

15. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    I agree Jake, Also gives you something to do in the winter:smile2::cool2:

16. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Jack, clearly you need more sinkers!!! I am amazed that ole HR is holding out on you

17. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    In cases like these more is better! This also applies to hooks and swivels.
    Jack, it may save you some aggravation if you can find other containers besides the empty cast net box's. I tried that last year and lost the contents all over the tailgate and ground. That blue clamp just wont hold up to ten pounds of sinkers! lol :wink:

18. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Holding out???? :confused2: I had some things to do yesterday and was going to be passing close by to where Jack lives. So i personally delivered to him a bag containing no roll sinkers. There was 11- 8oz and 24- 6oz sinkers in it. I believe this is enough to get him through the spring. If not i'll have more in stock waiting on him to tell me he is about out.:smile2:

19. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Lead to a fisherman is like gold to the average joe. EVERYMAN FOR HIMSELF:smile2::smile2::tounge_out::wink:

20. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree, I lose many as well on each trip, the places I fish you are destine to snag up, but thats why there is fish there also. Overkill only if you make them to have, and don't fish.:wink: rollo