My Shameful Addiction

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by redneckdrum, Jun 21, 2006.

1. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    My names John,and I'm a..................weli,I'll tell you about it.Even though my size is larger than what I want it to be,I was never a person that ate a lot of sweet's until Krispy Kreme Doughnut's came to town a few year's ago.I can't pass up one of these places without stopping.Anyone out there familar with this establishment knows it is the best place to curb your sweet tooth.Today I took it too far,I bought a dozen assorted which consisted of:3 Bavarian Kreme-filled,3 original glazed,3 cinnimon apple-filled & 3 strawberries and kreme-filled,and guess who ate them all.......I'll give you 3 guesses and yer first guess will be right.This doesen't include the complimentary sample they give you & the Diet Coke to chase everything down.I feel downright ashamed of myself(along with being sick to my stomach) Is there anyone else out there who is drawn to Krispy Kreme like I? Or am I just one of a kind.When it came down to choosing doughnut's over the B.O.C.,I know I have a problem.Anybody have a gluttonous habit like mine?.............Big George..................PeeWee..............someone out there talk to me.:crazy:

PS:THEY'RE ALSO DELICIOUS:tounge_out:

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO, they have the best doughnuts around brother. I used to eat them alot, nothing better then when you seen the light on for fresh donuts.

Now, it is slim fast. LMAO, at less then 50 cents a serving ya cant beat it. Meal in a shake. hehehe

3. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla New Member

State:
    louisiana
    My Biggest Thing Is At A Place Called Donut Hole That Makes A Homemade Honeybun...i Buy Some Every Morning B4 Work For Me And My Dad...they Are The Devil And The Great Poonany Of Ass Fattening Foods. Also The Leading Cause Of Tire-around-the-waist Syndrome...hey Atleast We Wont Sink...lmao

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Sweets have always made me sick.Now regular groceries are my downfall.Desert? Nope.BUT I will have another 4 or 5 servings of those mashed potatoes and gravy,and uh while you are at it you can throw a couple more of those buttered biscuits on there,while you are up,no need to let those 2 pork chops go to waste.Just as well add a couple ears of that sweet corn.etc,etc.You get the idea! I may eat 1/10 of what I used too.Being unable to exercise,it sticks with me.peewee-williams

5. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My sister once drove over 200 miles to get those donuts to prove they are the best donuts built. She planed it so she left there at daylight with fresh out of the oven donuts, placed them in the back window of the car and the sun kept them fresh for the ride home. She is right, they are the best built donut on the planet.

We will just post about anything I guess, LOL, I love it.

6. catfishingRon

catfishingRon New Member

State:
    Earlville, IL
    I am happy to tell you that you are not alone. I used to have the same problem with coke cola and little debbie star crunch. I would sit down and eat a whole box of star chrunches and a two liter of coke. :tounge_out: Let me tell you something, I would feel like crap, but if the wife had more I would have eaten even more. I loved it!!

Luck for me, I started to get sick drinking coke so it helped me stop. I cant even drink coke today.
    Today I can say I am no longer an addict to coke, but o still enjoy eating a little debbie every now and them.:roll_eyes:

7. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i love them to im glad the store is a long way from my house and not up the road if u no what i mean

8. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    hEY at least the donuts were good for you!:big_smile: I worry about the diet coke:embarassed:

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I'm proud to say that Krispy Kreme Donuts originated in Winston-Salem, NC. They're the best donuts around, but not for your hips! I haven't had one in over a year, even though the sign says "Hot Donuts Now" just about every time I drive by. Hard to resist the drive-thru window! I was planning to buy stock in the company, but then the Atkins craze came along and it took a big chunk out of their profits. Guess I'll just stick to eating them! :big_smile:

10. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I had the donut thing beat until someone told me how to make them out of those "Wampum Buiscuts". You know the ones wamp on the edge of the counter to open. Well it turns out they make great donuts. The first time I made them I ate so many I thought I had joind the police force! I had them with powdered sugar, granulated sugar, melted sugar, honey, jelly and jam. I got the big siringe out of my tackle box that I use for blowing up worms and started shooting jelly in them. I put cherries in them.Then it was hersheys chocolate. M&M's. I couldn't stop! I'm glad i'm not the only one.

11. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    LOL, If I let my 5 years old eat one of these it would give him enough energy to travel to the moon and back!:smile2:

12. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'll have to join you on that one. Sweets may not make me sick, but I just don't have that sweet tooth that almost everyone else seems to have.

I just wish it would put a little weight on me.

13. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hard to pass up that "Hot Now" sign. Those original glazed right off the line...

Ummmmmmm.

14. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    John here in Ohio (just outside of columbus) we have what is called Der Dutchman (Im sure Matt(Tea) has been there) they have the most killer long johns which I cannot turn down no matter what. Even if Im full i dont care I will still eat 2 of them. Long Johns are cream filled with different flavor on top but mine are chocolate yummmmmmmmmmm:embarassed:

15. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    I've been on a diabetic diet for a couple months and Lord, how I miss the stuff I can't eat anymore. No pancakes, pastrys, jam or regular sodas. But my glucose is down from 400+ to 130 average and triglycerides are down from 3000 to 300. My eyesight is gradually returning to normal.

So you guys have a couple donuts for me.
    :big_smile:

16. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    If I could eat all I wanted, I would live on Ho Ho's, but I very seldom have one. I guess I would rather have other foods than just sweets, now my wife, skinny as a beanpole can live on sweets of all kinds. She's 5'6" and 106lb.