My Shad tank

Discussion in 'Livewell and Bait Tank Review' started by starcraft72, Mar 13, 2009.

What brand of Braids do you use?

1. FireLine

2. Stren Braid

3. SpiderWire

4. Other

5. Mono

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. starcraft72

starcraft72 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    This is my Shad tank. I did it the same way I did my COOLER TANK. The tank is made from a plastis 55 gal drum cut alitte more than half into. My cousin Eric insulated it with 1" thick black rubber. The aeration is set up the same as my COOLER TANK with one exception. I connected a garden hose Y fitting to the pump. The left hand valve controls the aeration. The right hand valve I hook up to a drain and I can pump the tank empty. The top is 1/2 avantex cut to fit the drum. This keeps shad really good with SHAD KEEP and the round sides. Hope this helps yall too! :wink:

Attached Files:

2. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    great idea for useing the y fitting

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Doin anything next week? I could use one of them on the back porch. LOL!! Thanx for sharein.

4. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Dang good idea just built me one and was wondering how i was going to fill it,(besides a 5 gal. bucket) now i know,,ya dont mind if i copy that do ya lol...

5. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    we ve tried a few different braids and this older guy down on the bridge,told us about power pro,he said it was big stength in a little dia. and he was right, it was 50 lbs at 18 lbs mono size, it cast better and is easier to handle.

6. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Nice job on the tank Jeremy. Are you using this for home or boat? I understand how you are draining it. How are you filling it? Great idea on the Y-fitting, one less hole.

7. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Heres one I made back in 07 that uses 1 pump to drain, fill, and recirc..
    There is a venturi to infuse Air on the output...
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51500

Works great for Gills, etc... and OK for shad..
    Needs a bit more changes to make it a really good shad tank imho....

8. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Great shad tank! Thanks for posting the pics and info!

9. starcraft72

starcraft72 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I fill it at home after I put it on the boat. The problem I had was gettin it off the boat after I got home and it was still full of water. I now have a bilge pump mounded to the back of the boat that i can hook up to the tank to add fresh water to or as I need it. But I us It for storage Too!:wink: