My SC Saltwater and Freshwater fishing report thread. -Stone Crabbing advice?

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by SanteeCooperKat, Mar 30, 2007.

1. SanteeCooperKat

SanteeCooperKat New Member

State:
    PA/SC
    Headed for Charleston in a few hours!

Well, I would just like to state this will be my "assorted" fishing report page for the next week. I will be fishing and crabbing everyday in SC until the end of this week, and will post my reports up here for both topics. Both Saltwater and Freshwater will be posted here as I will be fishing both at Santee Cooper and Charleston with some Crabbing thrown in there. Any advice on Stone Crabbing in Charleston Would be appriciated.

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks Clayton sounds like it will be very intersting

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    It is awful early for the crabbing to be any good,and the crabs are usually poor and not filled out this time of the year.We have had a mild winter.The very best of crabbing times for my 55 years in S.C. and Ga.waters normally has been from July when most crabs have really filled out, to cool water comes again in the fall.Crabs are normally poorer as a whole in the spring and progressively get fuller until July.I have always had my best luck for Stone Crab around and on shell rakes.I wish you luck.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

4. SanteeCooperKat

SanteeCooperKat New Member

State:
    PA/SC
    Well, I didn't have internet access the whole week so here is my report now.

Didn't do any Freshwater fishing, just Surf Fishing and Crabbing.

Caught one small spot, a score of whiting, two small skates, and two twenty five pound rays. Man can those cownose rays be annoying.