My santee trip

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catfishrus, Aug 13, 2006.

1. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey guys i thought i would pass on the news for those that fish santee. the fish are biting really good in the lower lake. my dad and i fished friday and saturday. we had to catch around 100 fish in two days. we went out at 6.00 saturday morning and i had lost count on the fish by 8.30, i know we had 15-16 at that time. they where mostly 2-6lbs. blues and about 20 percent channels. we where drifting. the water saturday was rough 5-6 ft waves and the fish where wearing us out. i did get lucky and catch a 40lb flat friday in the middle of the day. we fished a tournament on saturday and got our first win. we had 5 fish saturday for a weight of 69.4 lbs for the win and thats a low weight for santee but the weather was bad and this was a daytime event. cmj and i are going back next weekend. will be at blacks camp.

2. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    michael sounds like you found my spot lol are you still in the same area i am trying to go down this wk if every thing works out may see you down thear ps what tourament was it

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Wow, sounds like yall had an awesome trip. Congrats on the catches brother.

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    roundhill we caught fish off one of the same humps we fish in the other week but we didnt fish that hump saturday because this was a daytime event.

5. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Congrats on your win and your catches. Glad yall made it back safe, Santee is awfull dangerous when that wind blows. Its like being in the Atlantic, except for all those submerged trees.

6. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Michael, I'm gonna start hiding out and following you and roundhill to see what you guys are doing right. :lol:
    Just kidding. Both of you have helped me with my fishing success, for sure, and it's much appreciated. I want to get back up there this week, but right now, I'm not sure if I can make it or not.
    Catrod, what are you doing standing beside my boat?

7. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey Michael, you saved us some for next weekend I hope.............:lol:

8. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    yes this coming weekend is going to be all big fish. no more little ones.:big_smile:

9. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Michael, that flathead pic makes a really good avatar. I kinda figured you'd have one with y'all holding up the winner's check from the tourney. :wink:

I think I'll follow along behind ya, and pick up some those culls. They'd be good enough for me. LOL

10. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thats Super Michael To see the BOC Kick Butt. And Show um again next week! Congratulations to You and Your Father You Sir are a lucky man enjoy your time with youd Dad, mine been gone now for 30 years and I shure Miss Him. God Bless your Friend from Iowa. J.D.Straka :smile2:

11. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Thats great, Michael. Congradulations. :worship: Doing it with your father makes it priceless. I doubt if I would have stayed on the water if there were 5'-6' waves.

12. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    thanks for the replies fellows. tommy you cannot say check around my house the wife will jump up and holler check mate!!!!! you know you going to loose when that happens....lol. i did give her a little and i had to give my son 50.00 bucks for praying for me to win. i told him if he would pray for me to win and i won that i would give him 50 bucks. you should have seen his face when i got home. im going to get me a boc star with some of it. i really want one of them hats like dwreels got too. i been putting it off too long. guys im not the best catfisherman but i figure as long as i hang around where the best do i will get better. all yal are the best.

13. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    guys i put the post of jeff and i under blacks camp in the south carolina section. cannot post pictures in two different threads so take a look. we did really good. jeff got the big fish with a 46lber and our top 5 fish for friday night weighted right at 165lbs. with 2 extra 27lbers. no tourney this week dogonit!!!!

14. usmc0208

usmc0208 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Those are some nice cats.

15. Catfishnz4me

Catfishnz4me New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Santee Cooper is the second heaven!!!!!! I love that place!