My roommates first carp

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by mcwrestler, May 13, 2008.

1. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    So these pictures are a few weeks delayed because when me and my roommate set out to fish Murphys Law came with us. As we went towards Kingston I remembered I forgot my digital camera and he also needed a license. So we stop to get what we need but have to get a license elsewhere. After getting his license we head towards the bridge when i hear a weird noise. Flat tire, fishing further delayed. At this point we feel we deserve some fish.

Prior to this trip my roommate, Joey, had never fished in the past 6 years, and had never caught anyhting over a few pounds. I promised that if we did not get any over $10 the license was on me. We caught all over 10lbs.

I am attaching a random assortment of pics since I can't actually put them in the post and add captions. All were between 15 and 17lbs and some odd ounces. Can't remember all the weights but it was all good fun. Especially the blooper pick.

Attached Files:

2. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Here are some more. The first is Joeys new PB. And a nice channel caught on the new catfish bait I am testing. A 9lb channel on its first ever into to water, not too shabby. More to come on that I hope.

Attached Files:

3. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I was very evil when taking this picture. I saw a struggle occuring and waited to snap the picture. As you can see it was well worth it. I love blooper shots, and I try hard to get them.

One thing I realized about all of this is that when people go in oblivious to the negative reputation of carp they think it is the most amazing thing there is. Because it is, the fight is second to no other freshwater fish. He didn't care what fish it was, he knew it fought. If more had an open mind they would find out what they have been missing. In Europe people would pay top dollar to fish at some of the places that I do.

It was also a sight to see him use a 12ft rod for the first time. I loaned him one of mine and after a few fish he had the hang of the extended handle. How I wish I had video, if I had my digital I would have.

Attached Files:

4. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    looks like you got the carp fishing down pat.congrats from a guy who fishes for whatever stretches his pole.

5. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    caught my first carp of the year today. only a 15# or so. corn was the bait, what were you guys using?

6. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Grits pack and flavored boilies to match. That is the same bait that has caught almost all my fish this year, including my 27lber from the other night pictured in the other thread.

7. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Go work Brad...That was a goofy photo you took of your buddy...Carp are certainly great to catch...I havent been really targeting them as much as usual...Shame on me though..

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Those are some nice Carps, Brad.