My Review "Fitec Easy Throw"

Discussion in 'Castnet(s)' started by Blade4130, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Hello, my skills are not great when it comes to throwing cast nets at all. Anything over a 4ft normal throw net and I have no chance. I can barely do a 4 footer all that well. I have been looking at these Fitec Easy Throw nets with the aluminum ring for a while now. To make a long story short Wal-Mart had one on sell for nearly 20 dollars cheaper than I have seen on-line. So I took the chance and the last one they had. It was a five footer, but I thought "if it was so easy" then why not give it a try.

Here is my review and opinion of it. I watched the video a couple of times to make sure I had everything down in my head from what they explained on the video. I went outside, got set up and my first throw was just as good as my normal throws with normal cast nets. By my fifth throw I could almost open the thing all the way. I have never been able to throw that good and this is with a five foot net that I had no chance with before. By ten minutes I had it down perfect and on top of that. I also had the other tecniques that was shown on the video down perfect as well. Throwing it back handed, long throws, and short throws. All were spot on perfect and the net was fully opened every time it hit the ground. What is even better is that it takes less time to gather the net to throw. With normal cast nets I had to perfectly drap it over and over on my arms. This thing I can pick it up and just throw with the right amount of twist on my body and flick of the wrist as it comes out of my hand. This thing is the best net I have ever tried to throw and I am a short guy. The net is large to me, but it sure doesn't feel like it when throwing it. I cannot say enough how easy it is to throw to me.

If and when I ruin this one in time. Paying full price for another one is most certainly well worth the money. By then I know I would feel real secure going with a 6ft if I wanted to go bigger:big_smile:

This Net Rules!!!

2. Iablue

Iablue New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Don, haven't heard of these. Any more info by chance?

3. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
    Sure, this is the same one that I got.

Specifications:

MANUFACTURER: FITEC INTERNATIONAL, INC.

NAME: QUICKTHROW MONOFILAMENT CASTNET

RADIUS: 5 FT.MESH

SIZE: 3/8"

TYPE OF NETTING: MONOFILAMENT

OUR STOCK NUMBER: EZTM5

DESCRIPTION: QUICKTHROW SUPER SPREADER SERIES. PAT'D ALUMINUM ACCU-THROW RING DISPLACES CENTRIFUGAL FORCE EVENLY ALLOWING IT TO OPEN CORRECTLY EVERY TIME, 3/4 LB. OF LEAD WEIGHT PER RADIUS FOOT, 80 LB. TEST BRAILLE LINES, HIGH FLOATING 20 FT.POLYETHYLENE THROWLINE, FREE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO INCLUDED.

I'm telling you guys. This net is truyly awesome and easy to use.

4. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
    That did not come out the same way it was pasted. I guess I may have done something wrong. Anyway it is a Fitec Quick Quick Throw Super Spreader Cast Net with a Accu-Throw Ring. Catfish Connection has them and I am sure many other of your favorate places to buy has them as well. Check your Wal-Mart as they are putting so much stuff on sale right now for the winter season and they may have one. Sorry about saying its a easy throw earlier as it's a quick throw.

5. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Glad to see you get a net that you can throw. Now get out there and catch us some bait for saturday night:wink::big_smile:. Just watch getting it caught in brush or rocks. That sucks when you feel lines breaking:angry:. Talk to you later this week

Tom

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for a good review.

7. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Thanks for the review, I have also been looking at these, my net casting sounds like yours.
    I wanted to go with a bigger net, but knew that I could not throw it.:embarassed:
    Now I have hope.
    Again thanks for the review.

8. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    thanks for the good review,nicely done

9. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
    Well guys, it's been a week now and I am loving this net. I have caught so much shad with this thing it's un-beleivable. Last nights trip fishing with Mo.Hick. I manage to get 50 or so good sized shad in just six throws. I have dared to throw this thing in places I would never do before as I have so much control and ease of throws. Not to mention being able to go so much farther out if I wanted to and only using one hand to do it. For me, I am always going to use one of these nets:smile2:

10. Steve

Steve New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I recently bought one of these nets at wally world. The one I bought is a pro series. It has one pound weight per radias foot. Sinks much faster. Very easy to throw and really diffrent only using one hand.
    Steve

11. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Ok I was sold; I stopped by Wally World yesterday, and picked one up.
    I try it out at the first of next week. You review was so good. I had to have one.
    The video I watched like you said, show it is really easy.
    Thanks again for an great review. :smile2:

12. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great net, thanks for the report

13. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    i have one of these as well.. love it.. i haven't quite mastered throwing it out of the boat yet.. but from shore... darn near a perfect throw every time. I've thought about seeing if they have a smaller model for the boat.. just about to big to get swung around right in my boat.

14. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
    Hey Steve, I hope you will like it as much as I do. Catfish Connection has smaller versions for throwing one off a boat. I managed to buy one more since to stock up, but can't find them at any Wal-Mart in the KC area. For as cheap as wally world is selling them for it's worth it to get a couple more:smile2:

15. noj77

noj77 Member

State:
    Saint Peters, M
    I just bought a net directly from Fitec. Good price with shipping included in the price.:big_smile: Cheaper than Bass pro. 6ft with 1/2 inch mesh.

16. awilco

awilco New Member

State:
    va
    I have the 4' with the ring, will sell it for $10, no good for me where I fish, does not sink fast enough.

Redman