My Resignation!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by don3778, Mar 5, 2008.

1. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]My Resignation[/FONT] Author Unknown

I am hereby officially tendering my
    resignation as an adult. I have decided
    I would like to accept the responsibilities
    of an 8 year-old.

I want to go to McDonald's and
    think that it's a four star restaurant.

I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud
    puddle and make a sidewalk with rocks.

I want to think M&Ms are better than money because you can eat them.

I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer's day.

I want to return to a time when life was simple; When all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care.

All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset.

I want to think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good.

I want to believe that anything is possible. I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again.

I want to live simple again. I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones.

I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow.

So... here's my checkbook and my car-keys, my credit card bills and my 401K statements. I am officially resigning from adulthood.

And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first, cause........

......"Tag! You're it."

I liked this one!

don3778

2. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Me too, I spent a lot more time on the river when i was eight than I do now. If you are so am I.--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gasp, gasp just tried sneaking out the window with my fishing pole, don't remember it hurting this bad when I fell out.

3. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    I wanna play tag too!!! Anyone feel like making mud pies and playin in the rain puddles? Sure would be good to not have a worry in the world to be concerned about. Sure was happier times.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    This makes me wanna go stomp a mud hole, cut me a new cane pole and walk down to the creek.

5. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Can I play too pleeease

6. Nativeborn Desertrat

Nativeborn Desertrat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Remember when 30 looked old and no body could be that old? Now 30 is young and I'd love to be 30 again.

Remember when old people had gray hair? Now, at least I have gray hair. In fact I have more gray then my Dad does...? I even got more hair then my brother...:smile2:

Remember when $100.00 was all the money in the world? Now you wish you had $100.00 left in the checking account at the end of the month.

Remember when you couldn't wait to see Grandma and Grandpa? Now you can't wait to see your grandkids

Remember when we use to talk to each other with tin cans and string not on computers?

Remember when computers were only on tv and now tv is on computers.

Remember figuring out how old you were going to be in 2000?

Remember asking what a 78 was? Now having to explain what vinyl was.

Hey! I'm coming with you, I resign too, I want to be eight again... and I'll still get to play with my grandkids :wink:

Native Born Desert Rat

7. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    If I was eight again this time I'd listen to what my grandfather had to say about everything. Didn't think it was important back then. Boy was I wrong!

8. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN