My question to the members? Please answer

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jerseycat9, Mar 23, 2007.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    what happened to the Old BOC where we all goofed off and poked fun and had a general good time. It seems we have lost the close friendship that we once had. most of the members that used to throw dirt are still here. I still spend the same time here but it aint the same. I will never give the BOC up for no one period. But the off season was not what I thought it would be. Maybe Im wrong but I think the general conversation was a better Idea than breaking it up in groups. I dont always have the time to read the jokes seperately and the prayers if the members are with me can we bring this section back to one thread? I had many reasons to come here then. for info for fishin chat, for info, for brothership, and for laughs. What happened? I am in know way saying that I hate the BOC but I thought we were closer once upon a time. If the mods want answers to what I posted PM me and I can exchange Ideas. Please

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I still try to cut up and have fun but, there are times I feel it is falling on deaf ears "wasting my time"!!! Alot of the older (long time) members have kinda melted into the background or just got tired of the mundane, not sure which!!!

3. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    I also feel some of the playfullness has been lost. The new BOC Is improved and Paul and the Mods. ave worked hard to keep this the best on the web! unfortunately as the BOC grew we lost some of the interaction. kinda like learnin to fish with a rod n reel, better but not the same as fishin with a cane pole.
    I enjoy technology but miss the old, simpler days.
    Don't feel lonely, talk is by 2010 all new big trucks will be automatics. Who ever heard of a 3 an a 4 ??
    ;-)

4. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Some of its the off season, not alot of fishing going on in different parts of the country. Some if it is the "mundane" as mentioned (you can - or At least *I* can- recommend the same reel/line/hook so many times before it gets wee bit old :embarassed:) .. Alot of the info is already covered on the boards and in the Library. Im not saying ignore new users, Its just after you answer the same questions over and over and over, you tend to start passing over those types of threads (least for me) ... Hope that didnt come off hoity toity, not my intention....
    Then Life Happens.. Been alot of brothers changing jobs, starting families, etc etc...
    Also, some of the Looong running jokes (pink) probably have ran their course :p

5. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Yall still make my day.I also believe that people like you two have helped me live this long.I am slowly but steadily going down and their ain;t much that I can do about it.I will be posting less and less as time goes by.Hopefully I can and will be able to observe more than I can participate.You all have been there for me,and I thank you for it.I love you Brothers and Sisters,peewee

6. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I know I ain't been on as much what with two jobs and triing to get the honey dos done so i can get to fishing some i just been to tired but still try to check in some

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Still around, still cut it up.

Attached Files:

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    But I personally have felt less inclined to click on! It just seems kinda mundane!Use to have posts on here that would make me howl with laughter! Oh for the good times!:big_smile:

9. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Terry,

Maybe it's just one of those "to everything there is a season" kinda things.

One thing's for sure... alot of strength and durability is built through the quiet times of life, like in a marriage, for instance... just bein there and helping to hold down the fort, even when it's not a laugh a minute.
    I mean, if everybody only showed up for play time, not much would ever get accomplished, right? There are always going to be times, sorta like the doldrums, when there doesn't seem to be much happening, but before you know it... there's a fresh spark of life again :smile2:

Sometimes I feel like you've said about different stuff... and then I realize it's something within me that's causin me to see it that way. Best advice I can give for times like that is to just determine to reach out and give help, a smile, some encouragement and refreshment to somebody else... and pretty soon everything looks brighter again. Hope that helps.

Carolyn

10. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I know what you mean brother! It has become overrun with "big brother" handing out infractions and has become a very strange place. :confused2:
    I still come back though...*sigh*...lol

11. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can not please all of the People all of the time. With that said the rules are clear, take time to read and no warnings will be handed out. Without rules the site would become trash not worth reading. No children could log on, a wife would be insulted,and you dog would probably verbally molested. Some people are just mean like that. Yea, big brother watches and I am darn proud of them!! They are not here to win a popularly contest, they do their job and darn well, if I say so!!

12. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    The BOC has had many changes over the years. Every change was for a reason. There are those offended by foul language just the same as there are those who are offended by talk of religion. Like Top said, you can't please everybody. Members come and go, some stay longer than others, but all will leave eventually. It's just a fact of life. Enjoy them while they are here and learn what they have to offer. Laugh at their jokes and feel their pain when life takes a bad turn for them. Many folks that have been here for quite some time, just read and very seldom post anymore. With time, I have found I can learn more when I shut up and listen. Not an easy task for an Ol BS'er like myself. The ebb and flow of this place is bounded by the new members and how much they get involved. We can't all devote all our time here, we do have lives in the real world.
    This place is not perfect, nor claims to be. Paul has made mistakes as well as the Moderators. It happens! However, I have been on the internet for over a dozen years and visited or joined many forums. This place is special. Not just for the wealth of knowledge, or the feel of a family. It stands out because Paul and the Moderators make it so. That job is not easy. The Mod's do an incredible job and for what? They are volunteers and give up their personal time to keep the board what it is. Some would love to post now and then, but can't due to not having the time. There are only so many hours in a day and to donate those hours so we can enjoy reading posts, now that is way more than I could ever thank them enough for. Not one of them has to do it, nor enjoys letting a member know when the member gets a little over the line.

13. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I have no problems with the way things are ran on the BOC. The scrapes I have had with mods were all justified. I just liked the joking around and the Mods have nothing to do with that. As far as the big brother thing its a public site and things have to be kept in check.

14. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Gents,

I am writing this from a tent in Iraq, where I will be for the next 15 months.

Keep things in perspective, the BOC does the best it can, and you will be hard pressed to find a better community dealing in our interest.

Many people have alterier motives to proclaim things publicily.

Thanks,
    Paul
    Baghdad Iraq

15. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    I know what the problem is Terry!

Its because Twinkies have become nearly extinct and there are no pink tu-tus, pink gloves, etc. to be found lately either.
    Without twinkies and pink attire DH and JW go into a sullen silence and the rest of the members get more serious and quiet too.

The solution?

Somebody locate twinkies and get them to Henderson ,KY for starters! :lol:

16. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hey Paul be carefull and tahnk you for your service and the BOC

17. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I think it also has to do with Bass season LOL I know there are some in the closet bassers out there LOL

18. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Paul stay safe and check in when you can, Thanks

19. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Amen to that! Thank you for what you're doing there and here, Paul.
    Please be safe.

20. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    From what I can derive there is only one answer to this question.
    Now it may sound simple, but none the less here it is.

You will get out of the BOC, exactly what you put into it.

If you want to have fun, be fun.
    If you want to gain knowledge, share knowledge.
    If you want friends, be a friend.
    If you want a pat on the back, be generous with praise.

We are the BOC and if you feel it has changed for you, then take a look at your self and adjust accordingly.:big_smile: