My PVC rod holder

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by Dutch, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Dutch

Dutch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Here are a few pictures of my rod holder, I shore/bank fish where it is mostly rocky and can not use a stick in ground type rod holder. I made this one from 1" PVC and can fish it level, 30 or 45 degrees depending on how I put it together and it breaks down to fit in my back pack. If I really need to hold it down I pile big rocks on the feet.

Attached Files:

2. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania

3. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    Thats a good idea. You mite wanna drills some holes in the pipe that lay on the ground and run some tent stacks threw them. You mite hang a monster one day with your back turn. The rod holder and the rod will be gone. I'am not trying to mess up your idea I'am just trying to help you out a little.

4. Dutch

Dutch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I have thought about staking it down but I'm a clicker guy, If I ever do fish without the clicker it will staked or tied down for sure!

5. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    oh ok well i guess you have allready thought every thing out. That is a cool rod holder. looks good ,works good and its lite can't beat that.

6. kingkat82

kingkat82 New Member

State:
    Central KS
    My hats off to your ingenuity!! Love the easily interchangable multi-angle feature and the inherent rust-free quality of the setup. Thanks for sharing Dutch

7. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Great idea, simple and functional, but I'd be worried about it getting pulled in.

8. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Dutch - that is awesome! I bank fish as well and in AZ there are few shores where I can drive a rodholder in - always rocky or solid rock. Your idea is brilliant. Thank you for sharing - I'll be making a few of my own.

9. Critter Getter

Critter Getter New Member

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    Welcome to the Brotherhood! Thats a heck of a setup right there. AND adjustable to boot! Very portable and light weight. All in all with the use of a clicker I give it a 10 outta 10!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dutch Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. That is a sharp looking bank rod holder. Put that in detail and submit it to Whistler to be placed in the members library. Great idea. Reps.

11. Dutch

Dutch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Thanks for all the comments, I've been playing with the design all summer and so far I like the one in the pictures the best, but there is always room for improvement:big_smile: I'll get a parts list and design drawing/picture and submit it. Thanks again to all. Now get off the computer and go catch some cats!

12. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    That is a work of art, especially to a ex plumber, lol.

13. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thats a very sweet set up for the bank fisherman. thanks for sharing!

14. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    very inventive lots of us need something for rocky shore lines:wink:

15. Dutch

Dutch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Got a little bored and started playing with my design again. A friend of mine likes to have his rod almost straight up and down so this is what I came up with this (see picture), also added a camera mount for those all important self pics when fishing alone.

Attached Files: