My Personal Best

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by chattycatty, Sep 2, 2006.

1. chattycatty

chattycatty New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    My first day of vacation was yesterday and to celebrate my husband (ka_c4_boom) took me fishing on the Ohio. The day started looking gloomy when we woke up and he figured I would say no way - no fishing today -- WRONG! It was gloomy and chilly but I donned the old man's coveralls and we were off! We rode down the river in his boat to a spot he assured me was full of fish and turned me loose. He let me do all the fishing. I was in heaven. He taught me how to bait a hook with skipjack and how to rig a line (I think that's what he called it). Anyway, I got to reel in all of our catches yesterday. I started with a small channel, then a bigger flathead. My third catch was the biggest of the day - a 20 lb. blue - my personal best! 2 more flattys and another channel and my day was complete. We had the best time - a picnic in the boat while catching fish - nothing better. :big_smile: Add in lots of laughter and a few stolen kisses and I couldn't have asked for a better day. We came home and had bluecat for supper! :lol: We're supposed to go fishing again tomorrow as it's my birthday. Hope we catch a bunch! I'll keep you posted.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Well congrats and Happy Birthday. Sounds like you had a wonderful time and I wish you the best of luck on your next trip.

3. bigcatJoe

bigcatJoe New Member

State:
    indiana
    Good job on you'r pb and happy birthday.

4. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Happy birthday, and I hope your quality fishing trip gets better by the catch! It sounds like you had a very good day.

Kenny

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Congrats on the fish!

6. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    congrats on your personal best and a fine catch.

7. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Way to go Sis! It sounded like you had a great day. Good luck and Happy Birthday.

st

8. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Now thats whats known as spending quality time with the one you love. Happy Bithday!

9. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Sounds like a great day of catchin, I hope you had a very Happy Birthday the next day.

10. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Happy birthday, Mabel. I hope you had another big catch kind of a day! Congratulations on your new personal best, way to go! :smile2:

11. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sounds like a good time... need I ask from whom you stole those kisses, your PB or ka_c4_boom...:lol: Congratulations...
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    A great nation is any mob of people which produces at least one honest man a century.

12. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You mean to tell me that you had to steal kisses from Chuck, LOL!!!:eek:oooh: I will have to talk to him about this, LMAO!!!
    Congratulations on a fine PB and Happy Bithday!!!

13. Prospector

Prospector New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    First off...HAPPY Bday!! I am in the process of learning how to do what you just did. I wish a better day today than yesterday!! I am very happy to see more Ladies enjoying this great sport. Catch 1 for me, and "Keep it SAFE"!!

14. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    congrats and happy birthday

15. Brutom

Brutom New Member

State:
    Cumberland Indiana
    Congratulations on your PB catch and...

have a very Happy Birthday too!

16. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Happy Birthday, Mabel :009: :009: :009: And congrats on a great fihsing trip and you new PB!!!!

17. barney leonard

barney leonard New Member

State:
    Mannford,OK
    Happy Birthday Mabel and what a great way to spend it

18. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Happy birthday and congrats on your new pb.

19. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    congrats and happy birthday mabel may all your wishes come true

20. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    happy b-day..... have fun fishn