My PB Sunday

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by petersoutcats, Mar 11, 2007.

1. petersoutcats

petersoutcats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hit Old Hickory Sunday
    cought some skippies at the Gallatin steam plant, proceed to catch a 11pound and a 7pound blue.Right before dark my fishing buddy hooked a big boy, around 20-30 pounder but we lost him at the boat.
    my net wasn't big enough, and he was spinning like a dickens.O well we would have crp him anyways.
    Man how do you guys land these big cats?

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    sounds like you had a good day , landing big cats aint hard long as you get a good hookset and a big net :lol: my net has an octagon extendable handle from 4 to 8 foot the hoop is made of 1/2 dia. steel in a 3foot dia. circle 2inch mesh net strong enough to hold a man it was purchased at dick's sporting goods but bps has the same net for around $40. better luck to you next time out

3. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    I second that big net. You can always get a small fish in a big net but like you the biggest one I have ever hooked(actually my wife did) which I would estimate at 60-70 pounds got away for the same reason you mentioned. I have me one now that I could land my wife in if she fell out of the boat.

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Sounds like you guys did alright congrats:tounge_out:

5. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congrats on your PB.

6. petersoutcats

petersoutcats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Went to bp today picked up the biggest net they had
    There (catfish net) wide and deep, I think if I hold it by the hoop it will do the job on the biggins
    by the way sorry for the bad english I was real tired, Its CPR I ment:tounge_out:

7. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Way to go with the new PB!! Sorry to hear you lost one those folding nets look good and they always use em in in fisherman tv. I'd recommend one of them.

8. xmannt

xmannt New Member

State:
    TN
    Hey that happens to us all at some time or another. My buddy has a big net and it helps but nothing catches them all. Truth be told, I really hate to get them to the boat and them lose them. I'd rather not see them if I am going to lose them that makes me wanna dive in after them. Hey you cant get them all but the fun is in the hunt.

9. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Sorry to hear of your losing the biggun but stuff happens. I have a big net butdon't use it much for the big cats anymore. I now use the Cabela's fish grippers and just grab their bottom lip and hoist them in the boat. Mine also has a 50# scale on it too.

Cheez