My own boat

Discussion in 'Boating Stories' started by rasimmons, Feb 23, 2006.

1. rasimmons

rasimmons Guest

today i bought a old homemade jon boat it is 18 ft. long 4ft. on the bottom and 6 ft. wide on the top. i have a couple friends who will let me use there boats when ever i want but there is just something about having it that is just freaking sweet. just wanted to share this with you all

2. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Good for you, nothing like your first boat, you will remeber it forever. So, how about some pics and what do you plan to do to it to make it "yours"?

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Enjoy the new rig. Now youll be spending all your money on accesories for it. Oh well thats 1/2 the fun too. Good luck with it!

4. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    Ya bro,lets hear yer plans.Congrads on yer boat.I'll never forget my first boat!:rock-big:

5. rasimmons

rasimmons Guest

my camera is on the bottom of the mississippi river someplace but i plan on gutting it out new floor new deck build a livewell and a rod locker but the main goal is to have as much room as possible in it will buy a new camera this weekend and will hopefully figure out how to put pics on here

6. rasimmons

rasimmons Guest

i am going to the local boat store sat. with as much cash as i can spare hope to come back whith atleast a depth finder and a trolling motor

7. catman872

catman872 Member

State:
    missouri
    now you can do what i do and make everyone in your boat call you captin:)

8. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I remember my first boat *sigh* it was a 1962 herter 16 feet long had a old late 50's 18 horse evinrude on it. it was ugly ugly ugly but she was a solid old boat. had it in tow with me one day stopped in at a boat dealer to pick up a couple of things and ended up the salesman wanted it bad towed off a new ranger lol.

9. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Congradulations on the new toy!

10. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Congrats on the new boat!!!

11. Chanellocked

Chanellocked New Member

State:
    Lake St. Louis, MO
    Good Luck on gettin' er setup:thumbsup: , I love buying toys for my boat. My 1st boat was a 1968 14ft Alumacraft w/18hp Evinrude, wish I still had it:sad:

12. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Congrat's on the new boat. Ya will never be bored again, always something to do to them:cool: . Post some pics if ya get ya a new camera.

13. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on your boat, I bought my first boat this year also..Always been a bank fisherman before.

14. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    Congrats! Happy you found what you want to "make your". I will always remember my first boat (read money pit) and now am looking to buy a new (used) one soon as I get back to TX. Life is good when your fishing from your own boat!;)

Frank

15. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Yep, you got it bad! Lmao! Welcome to the "hole in the water, you throw hundred dollar bills in". "The second happiest day in a mans life is when he gets a boat! The first happiest day is when he sells it! Seriously though, there is nothing, like being master of a little floating space, you call your own, no matter how humble! Congradulations Captain;)

16. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Enjoy your new toy :thumbsup: You're prolly gonna be broke for a while, buying new gadgets & fixin' it up. Have fun, catch lotsa fish, and be safe. :0a23:

17. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    congrats on new boat : had my first boat on the water for first time couple thursdays ago. it was:cool: . enjoy!