My Outing w/ MisterWhiskers (Rising Sun)

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by JBrooks, Sep 20, 2009.

1. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    As a lot of you know, the Rising Sun Tournament was last weekend. I was lucky enough to get a last minute invitation that I couldn't pass up. I went out with MisterWhiskers. We headed out Friday night, got into bait really good the same night (aside from tearing up a net). We pulled an all-nighter Friday and headed to the ramp Saturday around 4:00 AM to start the tournament. I'm pretty sure we were the third boat in the water, beating all 106 boats was definitely worth getting there early!

There was a lot of traffic. Being held in the daytime, the water got really choppy and there were a ton of pleasure boaters. Needless to say, we were still able to stay on the fish.

Between Saturday and Sunday (it was a two day event) we caught over 14 fish - blues, channels, and one flathead.

This being my first tournament, I had a great time. It was great to meet some fellow BoC members. I had a great time experiencing this tournament with Paul, he's a heck of a guy and he provided me with a wealth of knowledge.

We didn't take home any money, but the most important thing is we had a great time altogether. Taking home the cash would have been a plus!

Finally got the pictures, so this is kind of a late post. I'll attach a couple of pictures from the trip. The river was beautiful. The fog really made for some awesome sunrises!

/ James

Attached Files:

2. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Glad you had a good time James maybe we can do it again some time...thx for the pics.

3. Golden

Golden New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Glad to see you too did better than me and paul did at the tournament in mason, WV.. That was just a bum day... I knew he could catch fish.:wink:

4. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Glad to hear you guys got on some fish and had a good showing! I bet it was a real good time! Congrats to you both!

5. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Congrats on the nice outing. Looks like yoy guys had a great time.

6. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Nice job guys, they ever post the results yet?? Seems like the last few years, they took a month before they ever posted them. Kinda frustrating. I wish they would get it back to a 1 day tourney then I could fish it again.

Salmonid

7. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    the results are up mark...1st place was 244 i think..we were no where close to that with 65lbs...but hey it was fun and had a good time...as for now im lookin to come down to your tourney on saturday and give that a try///got ne good spots for me :wink::smile2:

8. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    hey 32nd is a lot better then the 30 way tie for last place:big_smile:

9. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Ouch! Pretty damn sure I lost a fish that would've definitely put us into the money too :embarassed::embarassed::embarassed:

10. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Glad I was able to help find Paul a partner, he is a good dude and it really helps a brother out when you can split the cost for something like that, those tournies get real expensive...:wink:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  11. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Im thinkin that I will see ya saturday morn bro:cool2:

12. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Sat morning I will be sleepin bud...lol

13. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    when is the tanners tourney ?:confused2:

14. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Sat but its 5pm to Midnight

15. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    OK then i'll still b there:wink: got ne skips 4 me bro?

16. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Havent had skips in a year, only reason I had some at the tourney was bc I got them from a buddy. And they are gone...:sad2:

17. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    I may come for this one I just have to figure out a way to get the fish back to the scale, that is if I catch any

18. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey whats the entry fee for that tourney saturday? jc. prolly wont come but who knows....and paul it was great meeting you at the RS tourney. dad and i took 24th and in my eyes he lost a fish that we do believe could have bumped us into that 10th place spot had he not lost it. but anyways sorry i didnt have more time to talk. as you saw i was busy running everywhere! and im glad everything was ok down at the club for you guys to stay. wouldve came and visited saturday night but i cant lie im a baby and i passed out :cool2:

19. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    That was you directing traffic?
    Hell man, wish I knew! :smile2::smile2:

20. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats on haveing a great 2 days one the water !