My Ol Man

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by john barber, Aug 9, 2006.

1. john barber

john barber New Member

State:
    north carolina
    my dad has never been one for fishing he has always been into streetrods and old cars he would rather tear into an old car or truck more than anythaing. I can only recall one of two times he has ever been fishing with me. I got the biggest suprise of all the other day when he came by my house he was so exited to tell me had been and bouhgt his fishing licence for the year. he wanted to know when I could take him. I couldn't hardly believe what he was saying. I can't wait to get a day we are both of work and have time to go. I'd love to have him as a new fishing partener. I really hope we can find some decent cats to hook up on I know if he can catch one or two big ones he'd be hooked for life.

2. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger New Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    Thats great man, my dad used to be a hard core striper fisherman when i was a kid, every nite when he got off work he would go, he was always catching em between 25-45lbs. everybody started watching and following him fishin on top of him that he finally gave up fishing all together bout time i got old enough to go, but i still fished ponds and rivers by myself around the house, now that i have a boat and go all the time he has been wanting to go with me, I just have to catch the time to hook the boat up and drive back home one weekend to take him. been looking forward to it though.

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    guys im lucky to have a dad that fishes with me all the time. we learned the sport of fishing together as i was growing up. i could tell you a hundred stories on what he and i been threw. just thinking about them sometimes makes me get to laughing. my life has been great because of this and i am tring to pass it on to my son now. when all three of us hit the waters these days, well its going to be fun. so anytime you can fish with your kids or parents take time to do so. we dont live forever and the time you spent with them is priceless.

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    He's prolly lookin' forward to it as much as you are... Hope you get a boatload...:big_smile:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Barfingnugen: German car sickness.

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I bet he is as ready as you are good to see your pop joining in though.

6. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    John thats great, I wonder what changed his mind. It doesnt matter. Just cherish the time you have with him now. My dad passed 6 years ago and he brought me up in the outdoors and I thank him and the good lord for it everyday. I dont have anyone to pass this down to (yet) but I sure wish I did. Anyhow tell your dad and all you other guys out there I said good luck and have a great day on the water!

7. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    hey that is great ,you cant ask for a better fishing partner than your dad, I've been fishing with mine as long as I could hold a pole and I'll tell you I really value every trip we make together, its funny how everything comes around in full circles though when I was a little kid he constantly nagged me to "stay away from the water before I fell in" which of course I usually did now it seems like it my turn. if I aint a watchin him all the time plop in he goes never fails.

8. Randync

Randync Member

State:
    North Carolina
    That is great. My dad also passed away years ago. It made me learn to spend whatever time with your loved ones that you can. I may go look up one of my uncles who used to take me fishing (when I was a kid)and return the favor.