My Official Start Of Catfish Season

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Tym2Fish, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    I am proud to announce my official start of catfish season. I have a trip planned for Saturday with a bunch of friends. Weather looks great low 70's during the day. Looking foward to trying some newly purchased DK's punch bait and see how well it works in AZ. Most of all looking foward to hanging out with friends and "letting the good lines roll" with a little fried chicken and maybe an adult beverage or two. We have planned a smorgase board for the cats as well. Gills,shrimp,chickeliver,hotdogs,mackeral... They will be eating better then we will...I Hope.:0a23:

2. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Have fun! As happy as I am to finally be back in Oklahoma, I am missing those Arizona winters already, lol. We sure had a lot of enjoyable fishing trips to Bartlett and Pleasant as well as Apache and Canyon Lakes. Oh well, summer will be here before we know it and the winter so far has been so mild up here that I guess I don't have a whole lot to complain about. Hope yall catch a bunch!

3. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    good to see that your catfishing season has begun again, my season never really stopped i maybe didnt go out for about a couple of weeks

4. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Bartlett is my main stomping ground. The winters are mild here unless your a native like myself. If its below 60 I look like an explorer from Antartica with all the clothing I wear. Give me 115 and it's just right. Thanks for the good luck wish.

5. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    I'm looking forward to testing out my new ultralight on gills and trying to learn to use my newly acquired baitcaster.

I got my stuff loaded up, just need to load the cooler and a couple other things in the morning.

6. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    Im like a bear,i dont go out in the cold to fish but when the weather breaks i break out the fishing gear,here in ohio our weather goes from 50's to 20's and back i thik its time to bite the bullet and hit the river.Good Luck on the 2006 season everyone:)

7. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Well good luck to you. I have cabin fever. It's cool and rainy here but spring is coming fast. I'm ready!!!

8. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Good luck, Mike! And let us know how that DK works - I just got some but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

9. nosnag

nosnag New Member

State:
    Florida
    Went out last Friday.(see post:Florida/river) and used my new pail of DK Punchbait.Only thing the channel cats wanted to eat.
    Keep warm guys,and give em' He_ _.

BILL

10. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana
    i caught my first catfish of the season a couple weeks ago. it was a blue cat and probably tipped the scale at 0.3 pounds and around 4 inches. it was the smallest blue ive ever seen.

11. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
    Great catch !lol! It seems as if everyone will get an early start this season what with global warming and all. It was in the 50's last week when the avg. is upper 30's. Now it has decided to go cold again 32 and is supposed to gradually go back up as if its early spring.....cool yet scary....

12. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Well... It wasnt what I had hoped for a first trip. The score in the first inning is Anglers-0 Catfish-1. Threw everything and anything I had and it wasnt very productive. Actually it stunk. Not even a decent run. I dont feel real bad as no one else was catching either. Its early in the season here so I wont give up hope that easly. Was nice just to get out with great friends, enjoy the nice weather, have some good food and listen to the catfish laugh. Not to worry inning number 2 will be comming up in two weeks. I smell a comeback!!!!!!