My New Way on Trotlines... Never run without fish again enjoy all boc members

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by OklahomaFever, Jul 22, 2006.

1. OklahomaFever

OklahomaFever New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Trotlines...

uhhh where to start... well i hope you guys enjoy this.... My new way is setting a trotlines with noodle jugs... and you will know when you get a fish and how many fish you have... things you will need

1. Main line... thick line no hooks will be ran on these... the screw eyelets will be on this, just make sure you can tie it...

2. 10-20 noodle jugs..

3. Bait....

-----------knot----jug------knot---------jug--------knot--------jug and so on

The knot gives the flagging jug to flag of course and gives room for the fish to play... and puts less stress on the main line... i usually put 15 of these out... the good thing about this is that you can see your jugs and where the hooks are at... and whats even better... is that when you have a fish... you dont have to run the whole line... you can put up the right noodle get the fish and rebait...My noodle jugs have 2 hooks the first one at 2 feet and the second one at 6 feets.... good luck and let me know what you guys think

2. A.Williams

A.Williams New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sounds like a pretty good idear, my only question is how do you guys keep people from snagging em or running em over with a boat.

3. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    It will work, and seems to be a good design. Have you had good luck with these?

4. stinkbaitjunkie

stinkbaitjunkie New Member

State:
    North Mississippi
    I have about 20 of those noodle jugs, thats a great idea, although a good point was made. I wouldnt want to leave my jugs out with all of the thieves there are nowadays. But, it would be worth a try.

5. OklahomaFever

OklahomaFever New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i run my jugs at a maxium 12 hours with this trotline system... i usually run tree to tree away from the main channel.. this will elimate the boats and as far as theives there a everyday thing for us catfisherman...

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    looks good a lot of water I fish on though you have to keep your lines hid if they would ask I would give them a mess of fish but some just have to steal

7. OklahomaFever

OklahomaFever New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    yes i kno... always have to be careful...

My catches from 7/25/06 this morning i ran the lines...

i ran 2 noodle trotlines... and 20 noodles on each line...

the best was a 48 lb blue on a live bluegill..

caught alot of channels between 2-8 lbs...

even caught a 18 lb stripper...

caught 31 fish... the rest were bare hooks so it was a good night... threw the 48 lb blue back... :)

8. MississippiJugHead

MississippiJugHead New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I pulled a couple of noodles out of the neighbor's trash today so I am looking for good uses. I think its a fine line (pun intended) between juglines and trotlines and your use of noodles on a trotline instead a jugline just proves my point. Did you have a live bluegill on each hook? Did you have any problems when you had two fish on the same noodle? Did you use trotline clips?

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Like everything, there are some things which need to be brought to the light of day. First, you need to be conversant with your states fish and game laws. To run a trotline in this manner is legal, providing a) that at no point other than where attached to a bank, is the line less than 3 feet under water.
    b. a total of 100 hooks is not exceeded. The noodles and a trotline do not allow the user to have 200 hooks in the water. By attaching noodles to a trotline, you may well change the definition of the line. I know that a jug line can be free floating or stationary, and have 5 hooks per line, with a total of 20 jugs per licensed angler. A limb line on the other hand is restricted to two hooks and 20 limb lines per licensed angler. When you attach a jug line to a tree limb, log, or other natural object, it becomes a limb-line and is subject to the laws governing limb lines. You can be cited for having 5 hooks on the line - as your now limited to two hooks. You really need to read the fine print at times. And generally, if you try to bend a law to your favor, your not going to get away with it. It is best to know what you can legally do, what is illegal, and comply with the law.

10. OklahomaFever

OklahomaFever New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    here in oklahoma it is legal... and i have been doing this for years... i was putting live bluegill on every other hook... the smaller channel were caught on liver... the blue and stripper were on bluegills.... hope this helps

11. navigator

navigator New Member

State:
    NC- Brunswick County
    I wish we could use live bait here in NC.

12. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    What do you guys use for bait??