My New Way on Fishing Noodle Jugs (must read)

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by OklahomaFever, Jul 22, 2006.

1. OklahomaFever

OklahomaFever New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Boc Members,

I fish flagging jugs on submerged logs... i put 10 feet of slack on the log then i put 2 hooks on each jug.... the depth i fish is 2 feet first hook and 6 feet on the second hook... some people call this log lines or limb lines... and i started to do this because... when you get a big fish on a small jug or a noodle jug a big cat will take the whole thing under water to be found 3 days later... 2 miles down the river... i tie 10-20 feet of braidied line 200 lb test to the log.. so the noodle can float freely...

l---------------[========]------>
    l l
    l l
    J
    l
    l
    J

... so when i do get a decent fish the jug flags and stays on the log... so your are promised a big fish... and if the jug in underwater... your can see the leader line (slack line) and start to pull up the jug if it is under the water... this is a new way of jug fishing that i like to do and use... I hope some of the boc members start to try my new way of setting jugs on limb lines... Try These 3 baits.. live bluegill,shad,and crawdads i pulled a 12 lb 4 oz large mouth last weekend.. off this rig enjoy

2. Bullseye017

Bullseye017 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thats a cool way to keep your jugs from getting pulled away, but where I am from (Ohio) it states in the fishing laws that jugs or floatlines must be free floating to be legal. It is a good idea but you might want to check your fishing laws.

3. OklahomaFever

OklahomaFever New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    In Oklahoma it is legal... must have your name and addy... been fishing this way for a couple of yrs... and my biggest is 89 lb flatty on this method...

4. OklahomaFever

OklahomaFever New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Bull,

Btw these jugs are consider free floating... at least that what the game warden told me... they float freely but are attached to make there floating limited... and honestly... i think its better this way because i see old jugs washed up on shorelines and maybe this will elimate that problem

5. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Like Nick said, thats not considered a free floating jug, not here anyway.

6. OklahomaFever

OklahomaFever New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    There is no difference between having a jug on a big weigh on the bottom and my way

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I am in agreement with your assessment that it is legal in Oklahoma to fish jugs they way you describe. However, I think they are then called "limb lines" because they are tied off. Doesn't matter if you have a 25 cent red and white cork on it or a gallon milk jug, it is still tied off. Just a matter of symatics - you still catch fish.

You missed your chance to get your name in the record books. The Oklahoma state record flathead is 74 pounds 8 ounces caught last year at Lake Elreno. Shame you didn't get its weight certified and witnessed.

8. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Don't tie those free floating jugs, I collect ones that get washed up on shore, you'd be surprised at how many have no name or addy.

9. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    yeah you had a nice DNR Officer... the ones around here would have nailed you and you would have gotten to go to court for it...
    Either that or they wouldn't have known the law and would have fined you because the law was unclearly written or they were just dumb and didn't know it...

sounds like a 1/2way decent idea to me... although it does sound like a limbline with a bobber

10. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK

Awshucks,

That record is only for rod and reel in Oklahoma. There's a unrestricted class also for setlines and such. The record for flathead on a setline is 106 pounds in Oklahoma. The blue unrestricted is 116 pounds. We also has a discussion about whether these were limbline or juglines a while back.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14174

11. OklahomaFever

OklahomaFever New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Again Brothers,

Let me know if anyone tries the noodle tie method...

Good luck