Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this 21 foot Starcraft up this weekend. The inside was really tore up so It made the boat cheap. I didnt want nothing nice for what we do. The 85 horse Merc runs real good. I plan to build some rod holders and install a live well and bait tank. This thing is a big step up from my 1961 16 footer. Vehicle Water transportation Boat Speedboat Boat trailer

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Steering wheel

Vehicle Water transportation Boat Boat trailer Skiff

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
Looks good Ryan. With a little work you will have and nice cat boat there.

21 footer will give you plenty of room to fight the BIG ones.

Nice to see someone from Newton. The company i work for has a mill there in your home town.I been there many of times.

Good fishing in 08

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
ERY NICE RYAN GREAT FIND!!! I have also been looking for one of these little treasures, actually we found one but it is the fella doesn't want to part but Momma says get it out of here, so I may have to figure his work schedule :wink: CONGRATS ON THE BOAT A lot can be done with that to "build" just what you want.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Ryan thems some great ol boats been around since dirt, my grandfather (my gandfather was born an Amish man) and father grew up in Goshen ind. and worked for star tank that evolved into star tank and boats and then in to starcraft, my granddad worked there from the mid 30's until he retired in 68 and it was my dads 1st job back in the mid to late 40's its were my dad learned how to weld and work with metal, back in the 40's they made livestock tanks mostly.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
congrats on the nice find. i got me a used boat this past weekend for cheap as well. not as nice as yours, but definately a good find. its fiberglass, but i aint complaining. now i just have to start fixing it up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.