My new toy

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by catfish kenny, Oct 21, 2007.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Couple weeks ago I wanted a reel review and we went to Cabelas....Here is what I got and I think it will be a good reel for me although I will be casting it,I was assured by the salesman that he knows alot of fellas are buying these reel and having good luck with the wich I was told on here......It is a Cabelas CSD-45 depth master gold trolling reel with 4o:1 gear ratio and I lined it wth a little 80lb spidy wire and it is on a 6ft oceanmaster surf rod.Went out for the last time to try it and it brought me a cat in the first time out so it has good Mo-JO be ready for next year now ,the price was decent to bout 80 bucks.
    My little brothr bought on too and a Tidewater surf rod and I think he slept with it last night:roll_eyes:

Attached Files:

2. Crucial

Crucial New Member

State:
    Virginia Beach VA
    Kenny,
    Looks like you've got your self a very nice cat killer there:wink: Congratulations on the new toys.

I'm glad to hear your brother picked up a surf rod, I've wanted to recommend the Tica's and Ugly Stick Surf in 8' and 9' for some posts since they would make a great cat rod from the shoreline. You'll have to keep the boy's (and girls) posted here on how your new toy's work out.

3. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Nice rig.Hope you catch a lot with it.

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Sure is a good looking reel and the yellow line is the icing on the cake. How's she cast ?
    I'm gonna get a new rod/reel next year so I'm soaking in all the info I can. Yea I'm stalking your posts Kelly, LOL... you give good in depth info : )

5. Crucial

Crucial New Member

State:
    Virginia Beach VA
    By the way Kenny, your 6' isn't a "surf rod" ... it's a conventional/boat style rod.
    I just thought I'd let you know before someone comes along and jumps in your butt over semantics :wink:...

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kenny congrats on the new equip. Looks good. Love that line. Thanks for sharing.

7. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Congrats Kenny on the new toy. Looks like a very nice reel. Enjoy brother!!!:cool2:

8. madiaz

madiaz New Member

State:
    kalamazoo, michigan U.S.A
    a few times i bought new gear and did not land anything for forever.
    a few times i caught stuff with brand new gear. what a great feeling.

good job. tight lines.
    regards, m.a.d.

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Crucial yer probably correcto mundo us flat landers are always told what we have ...... but in any case as always is like Popeye usin whats we usin..I am usin salywater gear for cat and when it is time to get down to buidneess we know what it takes Thank you fer settin me straight:wink:Appericiate it

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Fellas she feels real good but very sensitive for backlash..I wont know till next year fer sure but I think I can get to love it .....If not we will be savin for another....ya know how us CATFISHERS are:eek:oooh:

11. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats on a nice set up.

12. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Kenny,
    Looks like you got you a nice cat fishing rig. Is that metal flake on your rod handle?LOL

Glenn

13. Crucial

Crucial New Member

State:
    Virginia Beach VA
    No problem and no worries Kenny,
    From the pic you posted it looks like you've got one of the OM's with the oval shaped fore grip? I love those grips on a retail rod! It's about time...

And never fret about backlash and over spin, we ALL do it :big_smile: If you're not having bird's nest's your not trying hard enough :wink: Hang in there and you'll learn to love it, I'm sure of it. Just let your thumb learn the spool's personality and you'll be slinging lead with the best of them.

14. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    ive noticed that happen, buy new gear that doesent get bites while the other old rods keep getting bent. its weired

ok know it all is it just me or does the deptmaster gold look like an okuma anything to that or .........:big_smile:

15. mcbluegill

mcbluegill New Member

State:
    missouri
    The setup looks good. Enjoy it!

16. Crucial

Crucial New Member

State:
    Virginia Beach VA
    Okuma Catalina?:roll_eyes:
    Convector?:tounge_out:
    nah.... I can't see any relation :wink:

Attached Files:

17. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    just checking:big_smile: that should be a good setup good luck with it:wink:

18. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    MR.GORDHAWK THEM ARE CATFISH METALfAKE YUP.......Shad scales:eek:oooh:

19. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Oh,Really?LMAO:big_smile: