my new toy

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Catfish Shawn, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Catfish Shawn

Catfish Shawn New Member

State:
    Carbondale, Kansas
    Well I got a call from my uncle and he told me about a CHEAP Jon boat for sale so I had to go check it out. I ended up parking it under my carport tonight.:smile2: It is a 16ft extra wide with a sweet trailor. It is bare but that is what I wanted so that I can put a custom touch to it. It will catfish in the summer and duck hunt in fall and winter. No motor but I am sure I can find a 25hp pretty cheap right now.

2. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Congrats on the new boat! enjoy and be safe.

3. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Congrats to you and hope to see you fishin' soon. We are redoing a boat too. Wow are you ready? It sure is time consuming and a bit costly too! Good luck and I hope you will add an album of pictures on your page so I can check up on the progress. I'll try and add more pictures to mine tomorrow if you find the time to look...psss..I know your going to be very busy...lol

4. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Hey Shawn congrats on the new boat !! I have a 16' extra wide jon I will be fixing up later to will be fun to compare progress !!:cool2::smile2:

5. bigheck

bigheck New Member

State:
    kansas
    Can't wait to help getter going brother! It's going to be sweeeeettt

6. Harvey&Harvey

Harvey&Harvey New Member

State:
    CA
    hey, I am new to the kansas city area when it comes to catfishing. i live near the plaza, and need to know where i can go catfishing. I am originally from los angeles, i came here via the U S Marine Corps, and consider myself a mature cat man, any help maps and or directions would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

7. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Harvey, try Smithville Lake up north of Kansas City proper. Known
    for crappie, but I am told there are good numbers of channel cats in that
    lake as well. Haven't fished there much myself, since it is a Missouri
    lake and I'm trying to get the most out of my Kansas license.

8. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Harvey welcome to the BOC.You will find alot of memebers jumping on here to help you out in the area you are in..

Good Luck catching!!

And thank you for your service..

9. Dead Red Rick

Dead Red Rick New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Semper Fi Harvey welcome to the BOC

10. Catfish Shawn

Catfish Shawn New Member

State:
    Carbondale, Kansas
    I am thinking about putting a bed liner spray on the bottom of the inside. Then put is a floor. I dont really want to put walls on it just the floor. Me and bigheck will be doing a tone of work on it to get it ready for the cat season. I am trying to get pics of it so that you can see what I am working with.

11. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Congrats Shawn on the boat, can't wait to see it. I know that you will have it slimed up in no time flat.

12. Catfish Shawn

Catfish Shawn New Member

State:
    Carbondale, Kansas
    So I am about to put the boat on water to make sure everything is cool before I put a floor in it. I hope she is good to go.

13. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    congrads on the new boat ,take a little time to plan before u start ,will save time & money in long run ,unless u already have it planned out .my 2 cents

14. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Shawn,
    Congrats on the new boat! Be careful on using the spray in bedliners. Some of that stuff will make it slick and you'll be falling on your butt. Also if you do use it DON'T use black as it will be hot as all get out in the summer!

15. Catfish Shawn

Catfish Shawn New Member

State:
    Carbondale, Kansas
    I never knew it was slick. I might just put a floor and call it good. I hope by next weekend I am able to take it out.

16. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Go to BPS they have a marine floor coating I am doing the whole inside of my Ranger I just bought. There are several colors and you can roll it in just like that roll in bed liner stuff, plus it is a rubber compound which will make not slick. 1 gallon covers 50 square ft.

Hope this helps,
    Chris