My new tidewater fishing reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by countrycat15, May 17, 2006.

1. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    hay guys i FINNALYgot my tidewater30lb and man i love that thing so far. i went out in my yard and cast it and it will cast a country mile, plus it holds 330 yds of 20lb test. i am going to try it on the water the day after tommaro and i will post a report on what i catch and how the tidewater works.

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thats great bro,i have a tidwater30L and i like it pretty well.Heck you cant beat them for the money,let us know how it goes.

3. BigCat72

BigCat72 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Ill have to try one, I have heard alot of good things about them and for they money you cant go wrong.

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, you will be very satisfied with this reel man. They are awesome, esspecialy for the money!

5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Those reels are very good reels, I have 4 the entire gambit, 10l, 15l,20l,and a 30l

6. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have about 10 of the Tidewaters (not all of them are 30L) and I have only had a problem with one of them. Ironically, it's the only one with the black star drag. It does not cast well, but the others are awesome. I love them and would recommend them to anyone. You can have 2 Tidewaters for what 1 Penn or 1 Abu costs.

7. BigJohnC

BigJohnC New Member

State:
    patrick springs,va
    i got one last week and put in on an ugly stick catfish 7 ft m/h with 30lb test berkley big game only used it twice so far and only caught 1 fish but it was a 21 pd flat its just as smooth as my abu 6500c3 if only i can keep the 21pd avg with it goin:smile2:

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats nice, I hope u enjoy ur new reel.

9. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    thanks for the post guys,i am going to try it ou tommaro on the water.ill let yal know how it holds up.

10. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    I was just up at Wally World last night looking around at the fishing reels to see what they had. Since one of my big spinning reels, bail busted this weekend trying to get out of a snag. I have been checking out differant reels for my pole. And had not used a bait caster since I was 15, and the first time I casted it out it backlashed on me and I didnt have to the patience to learn to throw one. So I saw the Tidewater 30l sitting there and saw the price and figured I would try it out. Spooled it up with my 30lb big game line and tied a weight onto the line. Went in the back yard and clicked the switch off, pulled back to cast, had my thumb on the line and sure enough it back lashed on me. So I sat down and went through the directions, adjusted the casting drag so that it slowly dropped the weight to the ground. Tried another cast and it flew out 50-60ft with no problems. Now that I know how to use a bait cast reel, I like it alot and they are growing on me very quickly.

11. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    I just got one of these about an hour ago, just spooled it up with some 20# mono and im probley gonna take it out tomorrow, ill let you guys know how it works

12. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    If you want a Tidewater reel cheap, watch ebay closely. I bought a brand new 15L for $9.95 + $9.95 shipping. Then I bought another one, 15LA, that had been used a couple of times for $16.00+ $5.00 shipping.

13. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    In my collection I have a 15la and a 30la work just fine for me.

14. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    alright took this out last night, it casts great and holds a ton of 20# test, didnt get anything on it so i dont know how it holds up to a fight but if nothing else the casting distance is worth it, and since it holds so much line i think any fish who gets hooked on it will have one hell of a time running the reel out of line,