My new rod & reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by CHAVEZ CHAVEZ, Aug 24, 2008.

1. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    well after the PB channel cat friday , me and my wife went too the store saturday . well i told her there was something i wanted . she already knows i only go too the sportings good section ,gave me that look . asked me what is it ?? so we went over there and i showed her ,a Shakespeare
    SPL 1100 6'6 medium action rod ( Ugly Stick,glow tip ) with a Shakespeare SKP2000 C reel . she let me bring it home !!!!!:cool2::cool2:
    i never had a cat rod , i've just been useing my rod i use for all my trout fishing . which is a Shakespeare AXSP702M 7'0 medium actionwith a Shakespeare Axiom open face .
    has served me well caught all my channels on this set up .
    i curious if anybody has used the ugly stick and baitcaster SKP 2000 ???

here's a pic of the set up .

Attached Files:

• 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      11.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I've never used one but it's a good looking setup. Good luck with the new R&R :cool2:.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Never used one but let us know how it works for ya. And any tips on how ya got to buy it would help too.:smile2:

4. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i have the same set up but i have the m/h ugly stick i ve only used it about 5 times and it works just as good as my abu 6000 you should like it ok

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like you are all set up to break your own personal best. Good luck to you and keep us posted on your new combo

6. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Let us know how you like it!

7. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    A buddy of mine has the SKP2000 and likes it. His primary target is channel cats. Good luck to ya on the first outing with it and hope ya catch a PB with it...

8. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Never used the reel but I have several Shakespeare Catsticks and they do very well

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats on your new rod and reel I hope you catch your PB on it.

10. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    ok when i got the rod and took , i noticed my wife was being a lil nicer than usual , and didn't say much about the rod except that's nice . on are way home she tells me i'm gonna go too Rock jm now since you got a new rod . so i guess it was a swap .

11. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO

12. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Congrats on the new rig. Hope you get a lot of bigguns with it. Marriage is just a lifelong series of compromises. At least the ones that work are.:wink:

13. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Cant go wrong with that setup. Good deal. :big_smile:

14. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    yea i'd say good deal to . all together R&R abot 80 bucks , Rock jam tickets 54 a piece , plus gas , eat somewhere , drinks , after concert is over go eat again , i'd say 250 bucks :crazy::crazy:. but my wife dosen't know i bought a bow be here friday :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    How in thee heck did you manage it?????? I aint lowed a town with a werthy bait & tackle shop (LOL)let lone go in one you dog(LOL)maybe we better start a casanoveee thread and we all can degrade ourselfs with "YES DEAR!" stories(LOL)how did you do it:confused2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:
    We want a report on that rig bro....I am a fan of shakesphere products to and for the money pound fer pound there a dang good name brand/company...have had good luck with them..I still use my 30lcs & like them but once I got hold of a Penn...well I am now partial to them:cool2:
    Round it off to the high end how much$$$???? I gotta get Mama a nice set up fer next yr she likes my abu 6000 but you need two poles....know what I mean? I am looking & in the market......it sure looks nice!

16. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    She does now or nutter 20 to keep me zipped:smile2:

17. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    thr Rod was on clearance 34 BUCKS give a few cent's for tax , the Reel was around 41 something i think i know it wasn't over 42 maybe with tax .
    so total your look'n at about 78 bucks give a few cents for taxes .

18. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
  19. KentuckyCatfish

KentuckyCatfish New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ive never used that reel, but i know the rod is a good choice! Good luck and happy fishing!

20. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    nice looking set-up brother.