My new reloading bench is DONE!

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by Kip Brandel, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    Here it is, 87 inches long, 28 inches deep. Case work area, single stage Rock Chucker for rifle and new load development and the Dillon for pistol loads. I put outlets on each end and the light switch on the bench turns on the light above it. The cabinet that locks has the primers and small things kept away from small hands and the 50 cal ammo can is my powder vault.
    I am not sure about the location of stuff on the shelves yet and may move and add a few things. One I know I am going to add is a powder stand for my RCBS powder measure. I had a 4ftX2ft Gorilla bench and decided to make it a work bench for gun work alone and move it away from the reloading as I seem to ALWAYS have a gun apart on it.

P.S. Ya gotta love the paneling! Hunting scenes printed right on it, that is why I wanted this room for my office in the house when we bought it!
    IMG_0882.jpg IMG_0881.jpg

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  2. James Bentley

James Bentley Member

State:
    N.C.
    Thats a nice set up,wish I could keep mine that clean.

3. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    your set up now!!!! how long will it stay that neat...

4. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I wish my area was that nice

5. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    It is only that clean because I JUST got it done!! I know you all know what I mean!!! Give it a week!:curl-lip:

6. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
  7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Looks nice,Kip. There should be more than enough room to do about anything you need .

8. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Looks great Kip!!
    Like you see in the magazines... after they cleaned them up for 2 days!!
    Now, you'll have room to work on more than one gun at once!!! And, mix calibers and powders,,,!!!
    Good Job!!

9. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    I went to Lowes and bought a section of counter top from there clearence section for $5. I am going to make into a casting bench for casting bullets and sinkers. There is a chiminey from my basement for an old wood burning stove, I got a blower for it to remove the vapors from the lead pot and am going to build the bench under it for my next project!

10. johnliester

johnliester Active Member

State:
    Hoxie, Kansas
    The only thing I see missing is a shotshell reloader! What gives with that?
    Anyway, that's a really sweet bench you have there. I'm kinda jealous because I have to clamp my presses to the dining room table to relaod. I hate living in a small house...

11. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    I never got into shot shells and am JUST getting into casting my own bullets BUT I have been thinking of a MEC 12 gauge loader and a 410 loader and I can see one in the near future!!!! I feel for you in a small house! The cabinet that is on the bench's right side on the wall is the cabinet from my first bench! The working surface was 22 inches wide X 24 inches deep and that cabinet was the back. The only place I could build a bench for was behind the door leading into our bedroom. The wife's idea was if the door was open to the bedroom no one in the rest of the house could see it. She did not want it in the house at all so that was the compromise! I only had the RCBS press at the time, I got the RCBS Rock Chucker Master set and a set of dies and started.

I just set up a friend with 1x6x12 wooden bases that we glued felt to so he could clamp them to a table and not damage the table. I even made one for the press that has a clamp on each side.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  12. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Mine is soooo rudamentary, that I won't even post pics, lol. It's a converted chest o' drawers, but it works...for now. Looks like you have a pretty good set up.

About that paneling. It's the same pattern as the bathroom in the Eagle's lodge in Moberly Mo. AND it's the same as the paneling in Sam Merlott's office of his bar on the vampire series True Blood. I'm very familiar with that pattern...and I dig it!

13. canebreaker

canebreaker Well-Known Member

State:
    Southaven,MS
    Looking good. Got to share my space.
    But, looking good.

14. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Kip, you sure a great looking loading bench and nice area!

When we lived in TX I had a large loading bench for I also loaded shotgun. But after we moved here I started using my router table for double service. A little close but now days all I load is pistol. It's not normally as cluttered as in the picture. I was just trying to show it all. LOL