My New Project

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by River Outlaw, Jul 23, 2008.

1. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    dont know the year of it yet but cant complain about the price. $75. good thing is i think i can put a hitch on it to haul the boat behind it and still be legal on length. 2-300 bucks should get this thing in good condition. then i can start savin up to "pimp my camper" :smile2:

the outside shouldnt be much work and it seems solid.

Attached Files:

2. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    here is the inside. this is gonna take more work. from what i was told the stove works. need some work on inside walls in some spots and some other touch ups. floor was surprisingly solid.

Attached Files:

3. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Looks like a nice little unit jj Just be careful if your going to pull your boat behind A guy can get in a lot of trouble real fast especialy with a single axle trailer pulling one behind It can get to whippin on ya and put ya right in the ditch !! But it would look good with some of those Mexican dingle balls hangin in the window :smile2::smile2:

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    That is cool as he!! JJ. That is perfect. Ashley and I have thought about eventually seelin the house and gettin one to live in. Alot cheaper than livin in town and you can live anywhere you want. It should be fun fixin it up and updating it to your tastes, which should be interesting.:wink::smile2: If you ever make it this way you can put it in the driveway and I will even let you use the electricity.:wink: Post some after pics.

5. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i hear ya on the whippin around. i get hell all the time on my drivin anyway. i drive too slow for everyone it seems. i wonder if those stablizer bars for the big bumper pulls would work for keepin things tightened up. put a set on for the camper and a set on for the boat too. or better yet, 12 ft. camper and 16 ft. jon w/ no pivet between em. approx. 28 ft., i could get that around.

6. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    thats awsome i have also been looking for a camper i seen one like that but the guy wanted like 2000 for it and its in the same condition sounds like you got one he;; of a deal on that jj..:cool2:

7. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    thats why i jumped on it. i lost my job last week and im broke now cus i spent every last dime i had to get it before someone else did. now i gotta get back to hustlin :cool2: aint nothin to it

8. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Looks like some fun times ahead for you know. Forget the boat just build a platform around it and put it on some toons then you have a place to stay and a boat all in one. :wink:

9. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    its funny you say that. that has been discussed. did ya expect anything less from a group of rednecks ?? :smile2:

10. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Maybe a real tree paint job 8 inch lift an area to attach a Deer Stand for hunting season, and rebal flag curtains.:wink:

11. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    dang !! im gonna have to get you on the design team !!

12. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    if i had the money i would get one of these, http://www.adventuretrailers.com/trailers.html

if you put the same size tires on the trailer it will go where ever you take yer truck. i been wantin one of these for he last 5 years.

13. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    That is all you JJ. Good idea though. No more rent. Can move your home wherever you want. Sweet. :big_smile:

14. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Ok I got to do it.
    This thing henceforth shall be known as J.J.'s mobil Cat House!
    :crazy::eek:oooh:

15. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Really JJ looks like a good deal. I bet you have a lot of fun in it. I really dig the link to the off road trailer you posted. A friend and I have been talking about building something like it for several years. He is a heck of a designer and metal worker. They have been real popular in Australia for years but just never caught on in the U.S.
    Sorry to hear you are out of work (me too). We may all end up living in J.J.'s Mobil Cat House down by the river the way things are going.

16. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    mount some rod holders right below the back window back it up to within a few feet of the lake/river and yer in business. Be careful hauling it I saw a double rig like that in the ditch on 69 2 weeks ago.

17. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    JJ that looks like a nice rig for the $$.
    Cant wait to see it when you rig it all out.

Make sure you go through the wheel bearings before you tow it.
    It sucks to have one go out on the road.

18. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i could see myself in my 20's in that thing man the thing would have been fun

19. just a redneck

just a redneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    HECK YEA GOOD DEAL ANYTHING I CAN DO TO HELP U OUT JUST LET ME KNOW MORE THAN HAPPY TO

20. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Looks like a rollin' LOVE SHACK to me. Better lock up your daughters!!!